Chapter 1 - I Bumped Into An Idiot. A Hot Idiot.

[First draft : July 13, 2020]

Chapter : 1 - I Bumped Into An Idiot. A Hot Idiot.

"Look Annu, are you sure you're gonna manage? You can still live with your maasi right?"
My mom said eyeing everything around the room, sitting on the bed looking at me with a hesitant expression.

"I'm sure Maa, I can. Don't worry about anything."

"But still, if you're not comfortable here or you need anything just you can go to maasi, I'll call her." Yes maasi. Ughh. Definitely I guess she would be very welcoming but living with her is a completely different story.

"Alright, now can we settle down quick? I've got to go to college tomorrow." I said pacing and inspecting the room.

"Okay, I'll leave you to settle down. Are you sure you don't want me to unpack?" She looked at the luggage and some wooden cabinets in the room trying to open one, just then the handle just came off, opening with a cracking sound.

Great, now she wanna ask me again to live with maasi. Please no!!! I can't handle her right now.

"Yes. Go Maa, you'll have to leave to Hyderabad tomorrow."

"Bye Annu, take care. If you need anythi-"

"Okay Maa, if I need anything I'll call you. Or maasi, Now go you'll be late for tomorrow. bye."

Can't she trust me once on my own, I'm a grown up now!! I'm a fucking adult! Okay... almost adult. I'd be turning 18...in, um..6 months or 5 months..?, uh anyways.

"Okay, bye. I wish your Papa had come with me but he was busy."

Of course he is. Like always.

"It's fine. Now good night. Go.." I said smiling at her. I didn't exactly want her gone so soon. but I feared the more time she spends here I'd cry when she leaves. And that was the last thing I wanted.

She walked out looking at the room for a moment then a blank expression creeped her face, as I walked with her to the lobby of my new home. 

"Look Annu, your dad and I didn't want you to go so far and study. But look you are here in Delhi." She said turning to face holding my hand. My fingers were cold againest her warm ones and I looked away nervously.

"Delhi is not far." I said as she still looked at me unsure.

"Maa, I've grown up. I can take care of my-"

"No, you can't. You do understand why I'm asking you to reconsider right? Annu, You'd have done well in Hyderabad too. You didn't have to leave home. We'd have taken care of you. You know I am worried about you." She said playing her last card.

"I can take care of myself. Trust me for just once. Please maa." I spoke in a soft voice and she turned away dropping my hands.

"You can do whatever you want. Your dad didn't want to argue on that and he let you come here. Even though when it wasn't my wish." She said and I inhaled sharply.

"I want to move onwards in my life. Its not that difficuclt." I said sucking on my lip.

"That's what I want. But remember Annu, You can never really escape what happened. You might still collide with something you left in the past. Yours plans of running away from home, and everything won't work." She said and I just nodded to her words not wanting to talk anything much about it.

"Take care. If you have a problem or not feel like living here just go to your maasi. She'll be there for you." She said as we reached outside.

"Okay maa." I said as she turned to be.