CHAPTER : 24 - NICE TO PROPERLY BUMP INTO YOU AGAIN.

Chapter : 24 - Nice To Properly Bump Into You Again.

My face flushed a dark shade of crimson and I could feel goosebumps all over my body due to his recent confession and I bit my lip furiously.

He sighed with an equally flushed face and scratched the back of his neck.

"I- I- am sorry okay, trust me I don't mean that in a creepy way, it's just... it's just, you know.." he tried justifying.

Oh. You think you confessing, me that my legs turn you on isn't creepy. At all.

"Annu, just forget I said anything. Okay?" He said sighing again.

"Okay." I said biting my lip and playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Okay." He said smiling. "So, I'll...see you later?" He said.

What! He's leaving already me already? We didn't even speak properly for a week. What's going on?

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Yeah." He said and walked away.

So he's actually leaving.

I sighed and stood there for a while as I watched him go. Its actually me who decided to keep my distance from Aryan Sahni, but when I see him walking away it just did not feel right. I feel as if all the best time I had has finally come to an end with him. 

I'd be lying if I say, the past few days has been the same without him. Classes aren't fun anymore, and labs. I have no clue what the hell am I doing in the labs. The cafetaria feels empty even with full of people, I miss sharing my dosa with someone, I absolutely miss the cup of chai he used to get me every morning. In all, I miss him. I miss the extremely annoying Aryan Sahni. 

I walked home today, to clear my mind. And I had absolutely nothing to do. I realised that I need to do something to take my mind of certain things. certain someone. So I decided I'd go help maasi with something, anything.

As I came downstairs to the living room, I saw maasi working on the couch with her laptop and a binder in her hand. She seemed tired and rested her head on the couch.

"You need help with anything maasi?" I asked her.

"No Annu, everything is done." She replied.

"Well the regular chores, or anything else? I really want to help. Please." I said.

"There's nothing baccha. Everything is done. What happened?" She asked.

"Oh. Can I help you with your office work? Please maasi?" I desperately asked her again.

"Okay, sure." She sighed and I settled in the couch beside her.

She gave me some little work to do, just highlighting a few particular clauses in contracts and typing a few important documents. Well, the work wasn't boring at all. It kept me occupied but didn't really wipe away Aryan from my mind.

"Well...is everything okay with you?" Maasi asked me.

"Yeah. It is." I said typing her document.

"Annu, you seem like you're trying to keep yourself busy from a week. You're overdoing all the chores and everything. What's going on with you?" She asked with a concerned voice.

"No Maasi. Everything is fine. I was just bored. That's it." I lied.

"Annu, why don't you go out with your friends more often? Or maybe ask your friends to visit. And even Aryan isn't visiting too often." She said.