CHAPTER : 19 - WE'RE JUST FRIENDS.

Chapter : 19 - We're Just Friends.

After what seemed like an eternity, I heard maasi's voice as she spoke touching my forehead.

"How are you feeling now Annu? Are you okay baccha?" My maasi's face was worried as she looked at me.

"No. I'm good Maasi. What happened?" I asked getting up.

"Aryan said you had a panic attack when a car almost passed you close by, and you were drenched in the rain and you were burning with fever. Are you okay?" She said and I took a moment to process and then nodded.

"I'm sorry maasi for worrying you." I said ashamed of myself. I always do something and make them worry. And I shouldn't be burdening maasi especially, but here I am.

"Annu, what did I tell you? You shouldn't be thanking or apologizing to me! You're my kid, and of course we're concerned about our kids, even Rupali worries me. But it isn't a big deal at all. Stop saying that always. Please baccha. I hate to see you like this. You're not like before, you're always distant. But we miss you! The old troublemaker and naughty Annu. The one who'd always hide in my closet when your mom takes you back to your home after holidays." Maasi said and I started plucking the skin from my nails confused what to say.

"And please talk to me. I know you don't like to talk about it. You make it seem you're okay but you kept all those things bottled up in you! Annu let them out baccha, it'll help you move on." She hugged me and rubbed my back.

"You know it's been seven years since Rupali's dad died. I was devastated too. I forget everything! Little things to important things, but I couldn't forget this one. I couldn't. But accepting it, understanding it made me feel better. I accepted it and moved on. I had Rupali to take care of. Please baccha, I know you've been through so much, that car crash changed you. But talk to me about it. Or talk to Rupali, she's there. And most of importantly, you have Aryan!" She said and my breath hitched in my throat.

"Talk to him about it. He's worried about you. He cares about you so much. He'll understand you. Atleast open up to him." She pulled away and cupped my cheeks.

"You're the best, Maasi." I mumbled.

She smiled at me and Rupali came inside who was leaning by the door frame.

"I'm sorry Rupali I left you back there. I- I wasn't feeling well." I tried justifying the careless, stupid things I've done last night.

"It's fine Annu, Aryan brought you back to his car and called me anyway." She said.

"He was so much scared, he left reluctantly last night." Maasi said frowning.

"Oh. And did Aryan came by again this morning?" Rupali asked. And I glanced at her.

"No. I don't think so, he didn't come. Or did I forget?" Maasi answered scratching her head.

"I think I saw his car driving away from the street this morning." Rupali said her eyes at the ceiling recalling.

"Might have been somebody elses'." Maasi said getting up from the bed.

"Mm.." I sighed as the last night's dream made me bit my lip.

"Okay, you wanna go to college today or you can take this day off. You have fever and cold." Maasi said snapping me back from my thoughts.

"I'll go to college maasi. Being alone at home makes me dizzy." I said and I sneezed. Yikes.

"Okay, get ready. I'll drop you off. And Rupali you too, you're getting late for school, I can't drop you the other way when you'll miss your bus." Maasi rushed both of us and she left too to get ready for work.