EGO outro: Your Eyes Tell

"KAKATITIG mo dyan, matutunaw 'yan."

Inirolyo ko ang hawak kong folder at ginamit 'yon para salpukin si Kevin sa ulo. His hard hat moved a little. He chuckled.

"Affected tayo, ah. Crush mo nga?" Tanong nya at napailing na lang ako bago napasulyap ulit sa gawi ng pinakabago kong katrabaho.

"Hindi." Hindi ka nagkakamali.

Actually, it was just a petty little crush. Unang beses ko pa lang syang nakita sa office, nagka-crush agada ko. Paano kasi, ang ganda ng legs. Nasilaw ako.

I chuckled when I caught myself glancing at her direction again.

Rain Burgos accompanied me to the site that day. Wala naman problema sa survey, Engr. Kevin Tuan, the supervising engineer, just wanted to talk to me about a few things that's why I went to the site.

Rain was talking to a few of the surveyors. She's good with people. That's impressive.

But is there anything unimpressive about her, though?

Wala. Wala kang mahanap na butas kaya mas lalo kang nauulol.

Siguro ay napapansin nyang kanina pa may nakamasid sa kanya kaya napalingon sya sa direksyon ko. She scowled when she saw me looking at her. I tipped the hard hat I was wearing and gave her a lopsided grin. Inirapan nya lang ako.

Feisty.

"Engineer, mukhang may sa lahing amasona 'yang crush mo ah! Hindi ako na-informed." Kevin nudged my shoulder. I could only sigh and shake my head.

He's right. Parating nakasinghal ang babaeng 'yan sa akin at hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit. She would look at me with disdain every single chance she gets.

Wala naman akong ginagawa sa kanya. Humahanga lang naman ako ng palihim dito pero ang sama pa rin ng tingin nya sa akin.

Pasalamat sya gandang-ganda ako sa kanya.

Her actions made me more curious. Bakit ganyan ang inaakto nya? I'm supposed to be her higher-up, I deserved at least an ounce of respect, but her adorable little ass could not even try to pretend to show at least a little reverence in any way. She looks at me with disgust, and I find that extremely... cute.

Nagpapapansin lang ba ito? Is she doing this so I could take notice of her? Because if so, then damn, I'm noticing her real hard already, so she can stop what she's doing.

But then, a few days passed by and I realized, hindi sya nagpapapansin.

"What the hell is this woman's problem?" I asked myself that kasi sinisimulan na nya akong barahin. I usually am confident with my humor and the rest of the department usually laughs, pero kapag kay Rain na, nauubos ang self-esteem ko. Grabe kung makahatak pababa ng kumpiyansa sa sarili itong babaeng 'to. "Pasalamat sya crush ko sya."

At sino din naman bang hindi magkakagusto sa kanya, her personality is just too strong to go unnoticed. Anyone would be attracted to her. Kasama na ako doon.

One day I found her soaked in the rain and actually had a good laugh about it while looking at her from inside my car.

"The irony nga naman? Isang Rain Burgos, nababasa ng ulan?" Napailing na lang ako at bumusina. Napapitlag sya sa gulat.

I rolled my windows up and half-shouted.

"Ihahatid na kita!"

I never knew then that those words became the start of my life's roller coaster ride.

"No, thanks!" Sagot nya. May pa-irap pa sya! Is she really seriously gonna choose her pride right now? While soaking in the rain?

I noticed her shivering and that's when I sighed and walked out of my car, not minding the rain. I got soaked in no time.