Blanket Kick Pt. II

"I'M REALLY SORRY FOR that, Red," ani kuya Erwin. Tito Lukas and I went past the couple earlier at sinabihan ko na lang si kuya Erwin na nakabulagta na ang pinsan nya sa sahig doon sa labas ng utility room. Tito Lukas actually wanted to have Jacob blacklisted from MCC but I didn't want to go through that trouble for the sake of my family. I did not really tell kuya Erwin what went down earlier but I bet he and kuya Levi already had some conclusion in their minds. Kuya Erwin has not stopped apologizing since then.

"No, it's okay, kuya... Tito Lukas was there naman," I said in uttermost distaste. I hated calling the gorgeous man sitting a few meters away from me, talking to my lolo, tito.

Kuya Erwin left to take care of his unconscious cousin and kuya Levi accompanied him. The rest of the Imperials are now aware at mas lalong uminit ang mga mata ng mga pinsan ko kay Chloe.

Dahil marahil hindi natagalan ni Chloe ang silent judgement na ipinaparating ng mga pinsan ko, sya na mismo ang nag-walk out.

Wala rin naman syang kakampi because tita Charlotte, Chloe's mother, didn't show up at the family lunch. Chloe's dad is probably onto his many mistresses as of the moment and it's no longer a wonder since her parents just got divorced recently.

Tita Charlotte had always been busy with her life that it would almost seem like she forgets she has a daughter at most times, just like now. Sometimes, having dead parents comfort me more upon remembering how Chloe has both parents alive but their presence is as good as dead. Sometimes, I'd feel bad for her, and I would then try to understand why she's the way she is-- because she never got the love she was supposed to get when she badly needed it.

"Ate." Green's little nudge pulled me out of my thoughts. "You okay?"

I nodded.

She gave a little thumbs-up to my cousins on the other side of the room just lounging while sipping on their different choices of teas. I was so sure they wanted to get a piece of the juicy details about what exactly happened earlier but I'm a lot more thankful that they're giving me some space for now. I was still quite shaken with the incident with Jacob earlier and I really don't want to talk about it, at least not for now, and I'm grateful that my cousins seemed to understand that and immediately gave me space.

Green's concern-etched face immediately vanished and she started sitting like any excited teenager would be. "Okay," she said in a suspiciously happy tone. She seemed too excited for my own liking. "IK you've been harassed AA, DGMW, and it's like really NOMB but who is that guy?" Green's tone shifted into awe as she looked into Lukas' direction.

I rolled my eyes. Enough of me being shaken. Itong kapatid ko mukhang walang pakialam sa nangyari sa akin, she just wanted to know about the man who saved me from Jacob.

I looked at the direction she was motioning with her lips. No wonder Green's excited, looking at tito Lukas from this angle, he definitely looked ethereal.

He was talking to my lolo in what looked like a serious conversation and he seemed to engrossed. I took that as a chance to study his side profile at wala akong masabi kundi, Francisco Lachowski left the chat.

I was so deep in my reveries while I ogled him until I remembered again how this man is old enough to be my father. I instantly stopped myself from daydreaming kasi hindi tama itong pinaggagawa ko sa sarili ko.

Oo na't gwapo si tito Lukas, but considering he's almost twice my age, and a good friend pa of my late father, he's now clearly off-limits. Isa pa, I got the hots for a man who most probably has a family, wife and kids and all, waiting for him at home. I felt dread. Minsan na lang nga ako magkagusto, kung hindi sa isang tarantadong tulad ni Jacob ay sa isang tulad nya pa.