Chapter 3 - Dropping The Torch

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 3: Dropping The Torch.

Jiraiya's lessons for Naruto started straight away. While they walked Jiraiya handed Naruto several scrolls and told him to read them.

They were all different types of taijutsu kata's. It was strange to Naruto because it seemed that everything he was would read it would instantly make sense to him like he had known it for year's.

"How are you going with those scrolls there kid?" Jiraiya asked.

"Good, I think I have got the hang of most of these, there far easier than the Academy style they tried to teach me back in Konoha" Naruto answered.

"That's good, we will be stopping for the night in a little while, I want you to show me what you have picked up" Jiraiya said.

"Alright sure thing sensei" Naruto said and he went back to studying the Kata and performing what moves he could while they walked.

Half an hour later they stopped and Jiraiya ran through several hand seals before summoning a giant toad.

"Wow that's amazing! I wonder if I could do that" Naruto said and he started running through the same hand seals as though he had known them all his life.

"Wait Naruto don't you need to sign a contract" Jiraiya yelled but it was too late and Naruto placed both palms on the ground.

There was a huge puff of smoke and Jiraiya was expecting Naruto to be taken to which ever animal he had an affinity for like he did when he was young and tried the same thing. What shocked Jiraiya however was when the smoke cleared Naruto was still there and there was also a Toad that Jiraiya had never seen before. And it had the Rinnegan.

"Yeah I did it, I summoned a toad" Naruto yelled happily.

"You sure did, but how? This isn't one of the Toads of Myobokuzan, I have never seen it before" Jiraiya admitted as he looked at the toad, it seemed ho have lost all expression and the only way you could tell it was even alive was it was breathing.

'Interesting. Hm I wonder' "Naruto order the toad to do something?" Jiraiya said.

"Like what?" Naruto asked.

"Anything try something simple like jump" Jiraiya suggested.

"Alright. Toad... Jump!" Naruto ordered.

The moment Naruto thought the order the toad started jumping in one spot. "I think it responds to my thoughts. Here watch this" Naruto said confidently. 'Stop and turn around' he thought.

The toad complied without questioning. "Amazing, but can it do complex tasks, ask it to go collect water we can use for our camp" Jiraiya said.

"Uh sure thing sensei" Naruto replied.

'Go collect, enough water for the two of us to use tonight' Naruto ordered.

Without showing any signs of understanding or confusion the Toad left. When it came back it looked like it was swollen with water and just sat there.

"I guess it works but he didn't have anything to fill with water. I want you to dispel it by ordering it to leave then try and summon something else, anything will do" Jiraiya ordered.

Naruto complied and the toad dispelled and this time Naruto summoned a large two headed dog.

"So you can summon what ever animal you think of. What an amazing ability, you would be able to always summon the best animal for a certain role. I had no idea the Rinnegan could do this. I knew it had the ability to process information at an incredible rate and granted the user with the ability to use all five forms of nature transformation. But this is something else, what other secrets do those eyes hold?" Jiraiya said to himself mostly but Naruto could easily hear him.