Chapter 10 - Anko's Play-Place: The Forest Of Death

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 10: Anko's Play-Place: The Forest of Death

Naruto sat at his desk looking down at the exam. It said a lot for his training that he actually knew how to answer most of the questions but at the same time, he knew that there was no way in hell any genin should be able to answer them.

'I see the game here, he wants us to cheat! My guess is they planted people who knew the answers in the room and they want to see how good we are at gathering information' Naruto thought as he scanned the room to find anyone who had already started writing. He spotted one or two people in each section of the room. 'There they are! I don't need to cheat for this. Also, the fact that they haven't given the final question is weird, I bet this isn't the real test. This proctor is clever, he is trying to stress the contestants out. All leading up to the final question which will be the real test' Naruto theorized. He grinned a knowing smile to Ibiki before shrugging and starting his test.

'That kid figured it out... I am sure of it. He doesn't look intimidated or worried in the slightest, not to mention I can't see how he is cheating at all. Does he know the answers already?' Ibiki thought as he studied Naruto. 'Hm he looks familiar where have I seen that boy before?' he wondered and decided to look through the team sheets until he found Naruto's entrance sheet.

Needless to say the Torture specialist was shocked to the core once he saw who it was that was sitting several meters in front of him. 'Naruto Uzumaki... you have really changed. I am surprised that I haven't had any extra work interrogating the civilians that attempted to harm him before he was kidnapped from the village. Anko was rather upset when he left, but she has always been a sadistic one' Ibiki thought as he looked at Naruto in wonder.

(Observation Room)

Kakashi and the other jounin sensei with teams in the exams were watching the exams on a large screen while eating popcorn.

"You know I am starting to regret putting my team into these exams, their chances of getting past the first round cant be that great with someone like Ibiki testing them" a tall man with a thin beard said while smoking a cigarette.

"What do you mean Asuma?" a dark wavy haired kunoichi with red eyes asked.

"That's right you wouldn't know, you have only just become a jounin haven't you Kurenai?" Kakashi said. Kurenai nodded in response.

"Ibiki Morino is the head of the Torture and Interrogation branch of the Anbu" Asuma informed kurenai.

"He has been known to be most unyouthful towards anyone he interrogates" the Green glad jounin said.

"Huh you say something Gai?" Kakashi asked.

"Ah damn you Kakashi and your hip attitude!" Guy whined.

"Surely he wont be allowed to harm the genin in the written exam?" Kurenai said shocked.

"That is not Ibiki's style" came a new voice from behind them.

"Jiraiya-sama!" the four shinobi said when they saw who it was that had over heard their conversation.

"Why are you here? If you don't mind my asking" Gai said.

"Well I came to see how my team are doing. Although there isn't much point as they are a sure bet" Jiraiya said confidently.

"Your team? You mean the teamof wandering shinobi are trained by you?" Asuma asked.