Chapter 71,72 - Bitter Aftermath, Tale Of The Loyal Traitor

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 71: Bitter Aftermath

A stillness fell over the island. The sounds of battle that had scattered the area for what seemed like an eternity gone leaving a silent void in the wake. The lake which had once been the scene of the fiercest fighting was now all but empty only a single figure was left in the center on his knees looking into the sky.

"I can't believe we lost" Naruto said shaking his head in disbelief.

"Quit complaining Naruto-chan!" Fukusaku yelled before smacking the blond with a small walking stick. "There are other things we need to take care of now!"

"Your right, I need to go check on Akimi-chan," Naruto sighed picking himself up. It didn't take long for Naruto to find Akimi who was still unconscious on a grassy area at the edge of the lake. Kneeling beside the fallen kunoichi Naruto wasted no time in activating a medical jutsu to assess her injuries.

"How is she?" the small toad asked.

"She's fine, just unconscious, she should wake up soon" Naruto sighed in relief. He had forced himself to put his girlfriends condition out of his mind while he was fighting but now he was just glad that she was alright.

Naruto took a seat beside Akimi and laid her on her back with her head resting in Naruto's lap while he waited for the kunoichi to awaken.

The minutes dragged on and Itachi made his way over to Naruto. "I messed up." Itachi admitted bitterly.

"What do you mean Itachi-sensei?" Naruto asked.

"I took my time and rather than finish off my opponents I toyed with them so you could fight that other Rinnegan wielder I was hoping you would learn something from the fight, had I known what they were planning I would have finished the two I was fighting off" Itachi said clearly upset with his poor judgment.

Naruto was about to reply but was beaten to the punch by a new arrival. "So the Akatsuki got away with the Sanbi huh? Orochimaru-sama is not going to be happy about that, but I if we kill off you two and bring him your bodies to experiment on I am sure he will forgive us!"

Naruto didn't even bother to look at the person. Instead he slowly stood up placing Akimi's head on a pillow made from her Yoinokuchi robe. "So you want to fight huh?" he asked still not looking at the new arrival.

"It's not going to be much of a fight, I saw the fight you just had, you can't possibly have any energy left to fight with, and we outnumber you by quite a lot" Guren replied smugly.

"No energy left huh? Don't make me laugh, my fight with Pein could have gone on for the rest of the day before either of us became exhausted!" Naruto said quickly gathering senjutsu chakra and entering Sage Mode.

"Naruto-chan don't you think this is going a little overboard? Do you really need sage mode to defeat these ninja?" Fukusaku said pointing to Guren and twelve other Oto ninja who were standing ready for a fight.

"No I probably don't need it but I am so sick of this fighting. Orochimaru and the Akatsuki, they're no different from each other, all they do is cause pain and suffering... No more, I will stop it!" Naruto seethed his anger and incredible killing intent causing a few of the Oto ninja to take a couple of steps back now unsure of if it was a good idea to confront the blond afterall. "You want a fight? Then I'll give you one... Bansho Ten'in!" Naruto said pointing at a bald Oto ninja.

The Bald ninja flew uncontrollably at the angry jinchuuriki who formed a rasengan and slammed it into the Oto ninja's chest with such force that it tore right through his body killing the ninja instantly.