Chapter 43 - Forced Co-Operations

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 43: Forced Co-Operation

Jiraiya was sitting at a table in his room going through the notes he had taken as inspiration for his next novel, at several points he would stop and give a perverted giggle, needless to say these incidences quickly found their way into the pile that he would almost definitely use in his next masterpiece.

Suddenly there was a large puff of smoke and in the center of his room sat a large orange toad wearing a dark blue vest. "Yo Jiraiya-sama!" the toad said.

"Oh hey Gamakichi I take it Naruto sent you with the information we need?" the Toad Sage asked curiously.

Gamakichi nodded slowly before opening his mouth and using his long tongue withdrew the scroll that Naruto had given him. "This what you looking for?" the large toad replied.

Jiraiya reached out and took the scroll which was surprisingly dry despite being inside of a human sized toad for an extended period of time. Unrolling it he quickly glanced over the contents of the scroll. "Yeah this is what we needed, thanks Gamakichi you can go now" he said while tossing the large Toad a cupcake that he had on his desk just in case the toad Naruto sent was Gamakichi's snack obsessed brother.

"Thanks for the feed Jiraiya-sama, catch'ya later" Gamakichi said and with a friendly wave disappeared in a puff of smoke.

The Toad Sage then reluctantly put is 'research' away and started carefully going through the notes that had been gathered by Naruto and Itachi. 'Seems pretty straight forward other than the Amber Purifying Pot I can't see us having much of a problem in getting the items. And there is even two that are close together which will make my job easier' he thought.

Rolling up the scroll he stood up and left his room to gather the others for a briefing. It didn't take long to gather everybody, the smaller hideout and the fact that they were in a potentially hostile country made the six remaining shinobi all stay within the larger living area.

"Good news, we received the information and everything is good to go" Jiraiya said cheerfully as he entered the room.

"It's about time, I'm seriously getting sick of being shut inside" Zabuza grumbled.

"It was to be expected that they would take a few days to make sure that an attack would be at all possible" Gaara said wisely.

Jiraiya nodded in agreement before unfolding the scroll in his hand on the center table so that everyone could get a good look. "It's a fairly straight forward snatch and run. We enter pick up our target then use the chakra rods to be summoned along with the tool to safety" he explained.

The group nodded as they went through the list of locations and protections placed on the items that they desired. "So who gets what... item?" Akaru asked once he finished reading.

"Good question, Itachi has recommended Gaara take the Amber Purifying Pot, as he is the next strongest after Naruto, Itachi and Myself" Jiraiya said to which there were some disagreeing murmers from Zabuza who didn't like to admit he wasn't stronger than someone half his age. And also Akimi who thought she could defeat Gaara despite trying and failing on many occasions. "Don't worry you two will have your hands full as well" Jiriaya chuckled after seeing their reactions. "Zabuza you will be taking the Seven Star Sword, you are perfect for this task because it is highly possible that many of the first teams to respond to the attack will be in the area and you will be able to use your Hidden Mist jutsu to either take them out or sneak by" he continued.