Chapter 61, 62 - Old Friends And Enemies, Enter Jiraiya The Gallant

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 61: A Meeting of Old Friends and Enemies

Zabuza and Fuu slowly walked out of the forest accompanied by a rather large group of young children, evidence that their mission had been successful.

"Oh man that was actually kinda fun, I almost wish it wasn't over" Zabuza admitted as they entered the village.

"Well if you want we can go back, I'm sure there will be more seal traps that can be activated" Fuu said walking slightly behind the swordsman with the children following her.

"Hm maybe when we get these kids home, hell it might be a good place to train, if we can find a way to stop those golems without destroying the seal" Zabuza mused.

"That is if there are anymore of them there at all" Fuu replied.

"What ever, come on, if we hurry we can get the first lot of these kids home before the day is out" Zabuza said in a huff.

They didn't stop in the village and soon arrived at the large bridge connecting the small country to the Land of Fire. A light mist covered the bridge giving it a ethereal and supernatural look. The children didn't seem to mind and none of them noticed the brief look exchanged by Zabuza and Fuu as they began to cross.

'There is chakra in that mist, it looks the same as Zabuza's Hidden Mist Jutsu. There are ninja around for sure, the only question is who are they waiting for, the mist is not effecting visibility at all on the bridge, so are they waiting for us to get closer? Or is their target someone else?' Fuu thought as the group slowly moved across the bridge. While she remained calm and for the most part calm her right hand never strayed far from her kunai pouch.

They continued to walk across the bridge, walking further and further along with no sign of who ever cast the jutsu, but still it did not drop, a fact that was making both Zabuza and Fuu more nervous. 'To be able to use a jutsu like the Hidden Mist with this large of a range, they must have a monstrous chakra levels, sure Naruto-kun could do this no problem, and maybe Jiraiya-sama, but I doubt is anyone else could come close to this' Fuu thought still scanning the area, with no sign of the caster.

Zabuza had a rather stony look on his face and the further he walked the colder his expression was, and by the time they were around three quarters of the way across the bridge he had a full blown scowl on his face. Not long after the mist became thick and a minute later the silhouette of two people stood in the center of the bridge blocking their path. "Kisame Hoshigaki! What do you want?" Zabuza said with a pronounced scowl.

"Oh I'm touched you knew who it was so easily" came the reply from the taller of the pair hidden in the mist. "Do you like it? I set up this little trap just for this meeting" he added.

"I knew it had to be you when I saw how large this jutsu was! But why exactly are you here?" Zabuza said wearily.

"Oh can't I show up just to say hi to an old friend?" Kisame mused.

"You are not a friend! You killed Fuguki-dono and stole your way into the Seven Swordsmen, you are nothing but complete trash. Now tell me why you are here!"Zabuza replied forcefully.

"Enough of this Kisame! We have found our target let's get this over with!" Hiruko said before stepping out of the mist.

"That's!" Fuu gasped in shock when she saw the black cloaks littered with red clouds.

"Akatsuki" Zabuza said in a hushed gasp. Thinking quickly Zabuza turned to the oldest of the children. "Hey kid, get everyone else back, go back to the village, it's not safe here!" he said as clearly and urgently as he could.