Chapter 47 - The Akatsuki's Plan

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 47: The Akatsuki's Plans

"Well would you look at that, the place looks like Deidara's masterpiece" Hidan whistled.

"This might be the reason that the Nibi jinchuuriki didn't arrive whatever tore through this place put them in a state of emergency and were forced to cancel the mission," Kakuzu said grumpily.

The two Akatsuki ninja both sat atop a high mountain peak that looked down upon Kumo, the damage caused by Naruto's attack not fixed and construction was just now underway. They had been extra careful in their approach and they didn't even attempt to spy on the village until they could use the afternoon sun to blind any guards from being able to see them. Hidan thought the idea was pointless, but someone who considered himself immortal was rarely troubled by such things as safety.

"Trying to take the Nibi, Jinchuuriki now would be impossible, they have tightened up there security ten fold. We should inform the others about this, Kisame's target will also be more difficult to capture because of this" Kakuzu sighed.

"Why don't we just waltz in and take them? It's not like I can be killed" Hidan said arrogantly.

"Hidan shut up! If you say something so foolish again I will kill you. Immortal is different from invincible, you may not be able to die, but you can still be harmed. You walk into Kumo and try to capture either jinchuuriki they will cut you up into tiny pieces and separate your body parts for all eternity. Now let's get the fuck out of here and go report in to the others, they will be expecting us soon" Kakuzu said darkly.

"Well, despite what you say, Pein-sama might do worse to me if I tell him we failed in capturing the jinchuuriki... I mean so far we only have the four tails captured. If we tell him that we failed he is going to be pissed" Hidan replied.

"Heh I didn't think you were afraid of anything. But the thought of Pein being angry and you wet your pants, you're pathetic" Kakuzu grumbled. The former Taki ninja then stood up and began walking away leaving the damaged Kumo behind.

Hidan followed behind, sending every insult under the sun at Kakuzu until the Jashinist had several kunai lodged into his chest. All this succeeded in doing however, was annoying Hidan as his swearing increased much to the frustration of Kakuzu.

They walked on until they were a good distance away from Kumo and took a seat in a small rocky outcropping sheltered on all sides by steep hills. "This place will do, it's time to tell the others about why our mission was a failure" Kakuzu grumbled.

"Yeah let's just get this over with" Hidan huffed in reply.

(Unknown Location)

eight spectral figures stood on the hands of a giant statue. Each one wore a black cloak with red clouds and wore a Hetai-ite with a slash across the sign for there village indicating that they were missing ninja.

"Where the fuck are they, we have been waiting for ages" Deidara whined, no longer able to stand the silence.

"Hm maybe capturing the Nibi was too much for them" Kisame said with a small smile.

"I find that hard to believe, the Zombie brothers wouldn't lose to someone like that. Even if she is considered one of the strongest shinobi in Kumo they will be too much for the Nibi jinchuuriki" Sasori added.

"Do not underestimate the jinchuuriki, they are all to be considered dangerous" Pein interjected.

It was at that moment the figures of Hidan and Kakuzu arrived on the two remaining fingers of the statues hands. "Hey what's the deal? Why are you guys so late... And where is the jinchuuriki?" Deidara asked once they realized that they had appeared empty handed.