Chapter 14 - Invasion Plans

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 14: Invasion plans

Naruto and Jiraiya had just finished listening to Gaara explain everything he knew about the upcoming invasion. That he was supposed to be Suna's secret weapon and was supposed to run towards the other side of the village where there would be no troops from Suna, before transforming into the Ichibi for as much possible destruction to Konoha, without harming allied forces.

"Looks like we have our information to deliver to the old man" Naruto said.

"Indeed, do you know when this attack is planned to begin Gaara?" Jiraiya asked.

"No I do not, sorry" Garra admitted.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for Gaara, you have already done enough, but you should probably go back to your team before they begin to wonder where you ran off too" Naruto suggested.

"Yes, that would be a good move, I look forward to our next meeting, Naruto Uzumaki" Gaara said.

"You can just call me Naruto. Using my full name makes it seem like we are not friends. We will probably be leaving the village in a day or two, I will come and find you before we leave" Naruto assured his new friend.

"Thank you... Naruto" Gaara replied and without further word disappeared in a swirl of sand.

"Do you think we can trust him gaki?" Jiraiya asked.

"Yes, he hasn't known friendship in his life. A small amount of kindness can go a long way to changing someone. I was not so different myself, the first people that showed me kindness became my family. While I was with them I didn't care about Konoha or even becoming a ninja anymore. Gaara just needed to have kindness shown to him, he is not a bad person despite what he appears on the surface" Naruto said.

"You have grown a lot you know that. I think Itachi teaching you to control your emotions as well as the genjutsu and ninjutsu training really payed off. You are far more mature than you used to be" Jiraiya said proudly.

"Only when I have to be you old pervert" Naruto said with a smirk.

"Hash gaki, still can't get the respect I deserve" Jiraiya said wiping away a mock tear.

Naruto couldn't prevent a small smile from forming on his face at the antics of his sensei. "So you didn't tell me, if you managed to end up finding Baa-chan while you were out of the village?" Naruto asked.

"Yeah I found her, she didn't like the prospect of returning to Konoha though" Jiraiya said.

"I would have thought the massive payday she would pick up betting on the matches would easily make up for that" Naruto said.

"Yeah so did I, guess we will just have to wait and see if she shows up or not" Jiraiya said.

"Oh by the way I gate crashed the council meeting. It was rather informative" Naruto said.

"Really and what did they decide?" Jiraiya asked.

"Nothing, I left before finding out their final decision but they would be stupid to attempt to attack me, and the ninja councilors were all on my side, they proposed leaving us alone and forming a mutual agreement for an alliance" Naruto said.

"Sound to me like they want us to take on the jobs that Konoha doesn't want" Jiraiya said.

"I see no real harm in it as long as we reserve the right to turn down any jobs they offer us, if we disapprove of them. I don't want to take on the jobs that Konoha doesn't want to do just because it would show them in a bad light" Naruto said.