Chapter 38 - Their First Mission

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 38 Their First Mission

Naruto and Akimi stood together lips locked, time seemed to not exist for the pair as the seconds ticked on.

After what seemed an eternity to the pair Naruto broke broke the kiss. Before placing his forehead upon hers. "When?" he asked.

"When what? Akimi replied staring into his rippling eyes as if looking for the whites that were no longer there.

"Since when did you have these feelings for me?" Naruto asked.

"Since our first mission together, do you remember it?" Akimi answered before giving the blond another small peck on the lips.

"Oh course I do, it was my first time leading a mission, and your first one without your brother tagging along although I think it would have been better if he did" Naruto said with a small laugh at the end.

(FLASHBACK)

A eleven year old Naruto was standing in an seemingly empty field when a hail of kunai shot out of a nearby tree. Naruto flipped away but no sooner had he landed than he was forced to duck under a powerful kick from Itachi.

"Better Naruto-kun, your ability to sense chakra signatures and pick the correct counter has improved greatly. And I do not see any point in testing your ninjutsu skills anymore, you have already proven that you are a master in every sense of the word. Let's see how you do with genjutsu instead shall we" Itachi proclaimed before his eyes began to morph and the world around Naruto began to change.

The illusion world was, for lack of a better word creepy. The sky was red and the earth black. Looking around he thought he was inside of Konoha yet something was different. Trees seemed to grow from out of nowhere blocking his path. "What the hell is this, it's like no genjutsu I have ever seen before" Naruto said.

"That's because it isn't like anything you have faced before" a bodiless voice of Itachi said. From everywhere around Naruto as if it was part of the wind.

Naruto took a step back at this. "What do you mean? Why is this any different from all of the other genjutsu?" Naruto asked.

A ghostly spectral figure of Itachi rose from the earth. "This is my strongest genjutsu, Tsukuyomi, in here I control everything including time. And I want you to break free of it. You have seventy two hours to try" the Uchiha said before bursting into crows and flying away.

"A genjutsu is still a genjutsu all I have to do is disrupt my chakra flow" Naruto said.

Again Itachi's voice came on the wind. "You are certainly free to try".

Naruto tried to fluctuate his chakra but it had no effect at all. "What the hell? Why didn't it work?" he asked.

Itachi once again appeared, his form was there but he still remained completely see through. "It's simple, this is not a jutsu that can be ended in the usual ways. Your presence is in a sense removed from your body and brought into my Tsukuyomi. It is a genjutsu void of the usual weaknesses and can be cast just with eye contact from my Mangekyo Sharingan. To escape you need to have ocular powers greater than my own, something that you have in the form of the Rinnegan. Now escape or I will be forced to torture you here until the time is up" and as if trying to emphasis his point a large blade appeared suddenly behind the blond piercing his shoulder.

Naruto screamed in pain as he struggled to remove the blade. "As you can see, pain is very real here, you can tell yourself that it is all in the mind all you want but pain is pain regardless of how it is caused" Itachi added as another blade appeared out of thin air ready to be driven through the young teen.