Chapter 27 - Twin Problems

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 27: Twin problems.

Naruto sat alone on the roof of the hotel staring off into the sky in the direction of Kiri. The clear night sky filled with stars that shone brightly as as they were casting their light down on the blond who was lost in his own thoughts about the possibility of ending the war in the coming battle.

Inside the hotel most members of the Yoinokuchi slept trying to keep there strength up for the battle that was coming. They had been at the town for a few days now and they had spent that time informing the resistance fighters about what they expected to be coming.

Naruto's solitude was broken when Akimi appeared on the roof beside him in the blink of an eye. "You've gotten faster" Naruto said not taking his eyes away from the sky.

"Thanks, I had to do a lot of work during the war so when I could I tried doing it without the use of Swift Release. you were right about how much it would help" she said as she took a seat beside the blond.

Naruto finally turned his head to look at Akimi. "Why aren't you asleep, It's not your turn to be lookout until later?" he asked.

"I thought I would come an keep you company. We haven't had much time to talk just us lately... I miss it" Akimi said with a small smile.

"Yeah but now we have everyone else to talk to as well. I see it as a good thing" Naruto said.

"I enjoy having them around as well, but I like spending time just joking around with you alone as well" she said.

"But we still joke and have fun with everyone else" Naruto said scratching his head in confusion.

"Yeah I guess so. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway" she laughed halfheartedly.

'Kami, I'm trying to tell you that I like you more than them, you idiot Naruto. Why is it you can tell when you are about to be attacked minutes in advance but can't see that I have liked you for almost two years... Ever since I met you. Why couldn't I have a crush on Itachi, he always seems to know what people are thinking. although he is about as warm emotionally as a freezer' she thought in frustration.

"You know, all over the land of water all I have seen is suffering. These people have been put through so much pain" Naruto sighed as he looked back up into the sky.

Akimi turned to face him but he didn't turn to return her gaze. "That's why we are fighting isn't it? To end this war and return the lands to peaceful times" she said.

"Yes but there still a group of people that believe in what Yagura is doing, they could come to hate Mei and the resistance for finishing off Yagura's rule, that's why I want them to hate me instead. I will kill Yagura and take his supporters hatred onto myself. Let them hate me and leave Kiri to stabilize" Naruto said.

"But aren't you even slightly scared? I mean Yagura is a Kage level ninja and a jinchuuriki who supposedly has full control of his bijuu" Akimi said.

"Well that would depend, as ninja we could die on any mission. This one is no different than any other, I can't just turn it down because it is difficult, what kind of ninja would I be. A ninja's life is not judged by how they live. But how they die, that's what Jiraiya sensei told me. I guess that is why I idolized the Hokage's when I was younger. They all died to save hundreds of people. If I die killing Yagura then I think that I will be judged as a great ninja" Naruto said.

"You won't die... You're far to strong to let some overgrown tortoise with three tails beat you" Akimi said with a weak smile.

"Well I certainly don't plan on dieing I still have things I want to do with my life" Naruto said.