Chapter 16 - Lightning And Ice

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 16: Lightning and Ice.

Naruto stood atop a wall made of mud and he looked down onto Gaara who was standing with a small smile on his face.

"Alright let's go Gaara" Naruto yelled, before the wall descended back to the ground and he took off expertly weaving through wave upon wave of sand to strike Gaara with a right hook to the side of his face causing him to fly away.

But Naruto wasn't done knowing that Gaara's armor was much stronger than that. "Bansho Ten'in" the blond called and Gaara changed direction mid flight and flew back to Naruto who proceeded to drop kick Gaara into the air.

Using a small amount of gravity manipulation Naruto proceeded to jump high above Gaara while he was still rising from the powerful kick. Upon reaching his desired height Naruto began to descend and hit Gaara with a devastating punch to his back.

Gaara fell to earth crashing into a tree that cracked and fell over from the sheer force at which Gaara hit it.

Naruto landed but was still on his guard, he didn't think it would be over just yet. And he was right as sand rose up from behind the blond and threatened to completely swallow Naruto within it. "Oh shit... Shinra Tensei!" Naruto said loudly.

Blowing the sand away with ease Naruto rolled forward ready to charge to where he knew Gaara still lay while controlling his sand. His charge was blocked however by a wall of spikes that formed from the ground made of sand. "Nice try Gaara but not good enough... Fuuton: Decapitating Blades" Naruto yelled and throwing his arms to draw an imaginary blade from either side of his waist and drew them both arms crossing his body.

Two thin blades of wind formed an X as they flew forward away from Naruto. And they cut right through the sand spikes that Gaara had put up for his defense.

(Stands)

Everyone was watching the match unblinkingly, the skills of Naruto and Gaara were easily closer to jounin level than genin, and from the look that Naruto had on his face he wasn't even finished his warm up.

"Wow these guys are good, I'm sorta glad I lost to Shino now" Kiba said having taken a seat next to Hinata and the other rookies.

"I know what you mean. Only way anyone else has a chance against them is if they take each other out completely or at least if the winner is severely weakened in this fight" Choji agreed.

"Sha Sasuke-kun hasn't fought yet. He will whip both of those two, and then get revenge for that Baka Naruto putting me in the hospital for over a week" Sakura said.

"Sasuke doesn't stand a chance against Naruto" the new voice of Shikamaru said as he approached the group.

"Shikamaru why do you say that? Also why the hell did you quit your match?" Ino said angrily.

"Because it would be far too troublesome to continue, and now that I see who my next opponent is going to be I am even more glad that I did. As for how I know Sasuke cant beat Naruto, well it's rather obvious. Naruto is far stronger than Sasuke is" Shikamaru replied.

"That's not true, Sasuke-kun is the strongest genin in the village" Sakura spat. Causing Kiba to grumble something about Sasuke not being so great which earned him a dirty look from Sakura and to a lesser degree Ino.

"Even if that was true those two out there are on a whole other level. And then Naruto isn't even trying. He is toying with Gaara" Shikamaru declared.