Chapter 2 - Nice to meet you.. again.

Still Shuichi's POV
I woke up somewhere dark and small. When I moved a little a door opened and I fell to the floor. I looked up to see a girl with blonde hair, pink eyes, in some kind of uniform.

"Kaede!" I spat.
"Wait how-" before Kaede could say anything I hugged her. I couldn't stop myself, I had missed her ever since.. the execution. That memory made me gag for a second but then I got back in composture.

"Ah, sorry uh.. w-we had met before."
"We did?"
"Y-Yeah on a cafeteria the other d-day.." I lied. He definitely had met, but you know it wasn't on a cafeteria.
"I don't remember that, I'm sorry, please forgive me."
"S-Sure no problem at all."
"Well your name is..?"
"Ah! I'm Shuichi Saihara, the ultimate detective.."

Before I deepened into the conversation I remember the others and the Exisals. I grabbed Kaede's hand and (while she asked me where we were going) went to the gym. There were the other 14. I kept glancing at Kaito and Kiibo.

"That makes 16." Said Kaito.

It was unbelievable. All of us 16, everyone alive. I had missed them all so much. Well, there were two exceptions. Tsumugi, of course, for being the mastermind and making us do this. And the other. I shot a look at him. His messy purple hair and annoying eyes. That checkered scarf. And that stupid smile. Kokichi Oma, the 'Ultimate Supreme Leader'.

I glared at him and looked at the podium. Just some seconds and..

"Puhuhu!"

Monokuma came out. He started explaining the killing game. There were some gasps and sobs, like last time. While Monokuma talked I kept thinking between how to stop Kaede and how to kill Tsumugi. Either way, I couldn't do it alone. So now apart from thinking about that I also had to find someone I could tell the truth.

Maybe Maki..? No, she would either think I'm lying or think I'm the mastermind. Or worse, with those skills of hers. Kaito? I don't know.. I trust him and all but he would rather focus on keeping everyone safe. And would probably spill the tea real quick. I needed someone who could keep the secret even while cornered. Someone who would know I'm not lying. I needed a liar. When I thought of that my eyes went in Kokichi's direction. Well, fuck. The one person I needed was the one- well, the second one I hated the most. I placed a paper with 'Meet me at my room after sunset.' written on it on his pocket. And then I continued my thoughts.

"Saihara? Earth to Saihara!" I heard Kaede say.

I snapped out of my thoughts and everyone was looking at me. They were in some kind of introduction circle.

"A-Ah sorry, I dozed off." I said.
"It's okay, considering our situation." Kirumi said
"Yeah well," Kaede took me closer to everyone. "this is Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective."
I gave a nervous wave to everyone.
"He can't say it himself or what?" Kokichi said.
I glared at him. Why did it have to be him of all people who could help me?
"Well I'm not going to stay here and die so I'm going to look around." Maki said.
"Sure, I'll introduce you all to Shuichi meanwhile" Kaede replied.
"It's okay I heard that part." Kaede looked at me a little confused but shrugged it off. Everyone started to leave either alone or in small groups.

"You can go with them If you want." I told Kaede while pointing at the group formed by Rantaro, Kiibo and Miu.
"What about you?"
"I'll look for clues to the mastermind."
"Mastermind?"
"I'll tell you later."

With that Kaede waved at me and left with the group. I headed to my room and waited. Okay I also mentally prepared to talk to the gremlin without losing braincells. But it's Kokichi come on. And then,

*knock knock*

{A/N}
Word Count: 671