Chapter 20: Not the best time for love but fuck it

/Wow I'm good with titles/————————-

No one's POV again cus it's easier 😽
All 15 students arrived at the Ultimate Artist's lab. Of course the dead body was Angie, since she was the only one who wasn't there.

Tenko, Himiko and Kirumi had been the first to see her corpse. Angie was dropped on the floor, around her, her masterpieces were all messed up, with splats of blood ruining her work. She also didn't seem to have any wounds except for one in her neck. Crying was heard as
most mourned the death of their friend.

Kirumi, Rantaro and Ryoma were keeping it in. Shuichi, Kaede, Kiibo, Maki and Kaito were silently sobbing. Gonta, Tsumugi, and to everyone's surprise, Kokichi, were crying out loud.

"W-We just came to see if- if- But she was d-dead" Himiko tried to speak between sobs.
"I-It's okay Himiko, if you want, you can go to your room to calm down." Saihara said trying to calm her down.
"I'll go with her." Tenko said grabbing Himiko's hand and leaving with her.

"L-Let's start the investigation.. I guess.." Saihara continued.
"In my opinion, we can't separate, apart from Himiko and Tenko."
"Aren't they the most suspicious? Or what if one of them is the murderer and she kills the other while we investigate?" Maki asked.
"I-I know them, they would never hurt each other." Shuichi replied instantly.

Everyone took a few seconds to calm each other down. The detective took advantage of this to hug Kokichi and whisper comforting things into his ear. After a while, the liar calmed down and stopped trembling.

And so, the investigation began.

/Time skip to after the execution/

Korekiyo's execution ended and most students headed to their dorms. Except for Kokichi who went to Shuichi's instead. After all, Shuichi had asked him to.

Kokichi knocked on the door, and Shuichi almost instantly opened it.

"C-Come In."

Kokichi sat in the rim of Shuichi's bed and looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Why would he invite him to his room? Did it have something to do with Korekiyo and the murder?

"A-About what you said this morning.." The detective seemed to be looking for words.
"What? What did I say?"
"T-The kisses thing.." Shuichi said looking away.

Kokichi blushed and covered his face.

"H-Hey you said you would ignore what I said because of this motive!"
"It's just- I wanted to ask you-"
"Please tell me you won't take advantage of this! Please don't!"
"W-What do you.. feel towards me? For r-real."

Kokichi was panicking. He knew the answer, and he knew he didn't get to choose his words. He tried his best to stop the words to come out of his mouth, but it was inevitable.

"I love you."

Shuichi's eyes widened and Kokichi stood up and ran towards the door. But before he could leave Shuichi grabbed his wrist.

"W-Wait! I asked because I-I love you back! I just needed to hear it.. honestly.." He said smiling nervously.

"Y-You what?! Really? Like, sure? Me???" Kokichi asked, not believing the taller male.

"I mean it."

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Kokichi said something again.

"I-I think I'll just.." He walked out of the room quietly and slowly.

"Maybe it's one sided after all.. but.. he can't lie right now, or he can?" Shuichi murmured to himself.

Shuichi was starting to get upset when:

SLAM

The loud noise freaked Shuichi out and he walked out to the hallway to discover what had made the sound.

He found Kokichi lying in the floor, facing the floor. Shuichi, extremely worried, turned the liar around to find him blushing intensely and smiling unconscious.

But well, they are both dumbasses, so Shuichi still panicked and started calling out for Kirumi. The maid arrived to the scene.

"I think I broke him!! What do I do mom?!?!" Shuichi asked worried.

Kirumi just sighed, facepalmed and picked Kokichi up. She told Shuichi to follow her and they walked to the nursery.

{A/N}
Word Count: 712
Does this count as posted early or late? Anyways, I actually kind of enjoyed writing this chapter 👀

Also my room is looking great for now so that's something 😌