Chapter 17: Bad Luck

No one's POV
"Puhuhu! Welcome to another episode of the motive wheel! Who will be our next victim? I can't wait to see!"

Everyone gave annoyed looks at Monokuma, who was loud and happy even though most of the students were barely awake. This except for Kiibo, who didn't quite require sleep, Kokichi, and Kirumi.

Shuichi's nervousness overcame his exhaustion though. He couldn't help but think of all the horrible things that could happen in a spin. But he had to be strong, the others would be even more scared if he showed his fright too.

The others were probably too tired to think of that. So he would keep it quiet for now.

"I wonder if someone will die this time." Kaito said without hesitation.

Shuichi stared at him with a 'please don't start' look. But Kaito didn't care and continued.

"You know, when I was chosen, I just remember extreme pain, but I don't know what caused it. Of course the motive didn't kill me, but I wonder if this time's victim will be as lucky as me, y'know?"

Maki nudged Kaito and he looked at her with like he did nothing wrong.

"What? I'm just saying. And if someone doesn't die today, tomorrow Monokuma will spin the wheel too. Anyhow, the victim is probably better off that way. If you're dead you are not forced to stay here the rest of your life."

Himiko started sobbing by now. Tenko started raging at Kaito about him being a degenerate and Gonta pulled Himiko into a hug.

"Gonta protect Himiko, Himiko not worry" Gonta said while hugging her.

Before things could get any worse, Monokuma spun the wheel and everyone stared at it, hoping the best. It started to slow down and then.. it stopped..

Time seemed to stop for the detective

Time seemed to stop for the detective. He fell to his knees as the feeling of losing his loved one filled his body. He turned to look at Kokichi, who was staring at the wheel with a simple smile.

"Nishishi, it seems it's my turn to entertain." Kokichi said as he walked up to the wheel.

"Well, maybe Kaito is right, maybe dying would be better than staying here." The liar said between some giggles.

Shuichi tried to get to him but it was too late. The giant claw pulled Kokichi and the lights went off. Then Kokichi's screams were heard all across the room. Shuichi covered his ears to try and avoid hearing them.

The lights turned back on and Kokichi appeared unconscious in the center of the cafeteria. Everyone gathered around him and Kirumi checked his pulse.

She gave a relieved sigh and nodded. Everyone calmed down and Shuichi picked Kokichi bridal style. As with Kaito, they took Kokichi to his room.

This time though, Shuichi convinced everyone that only he would tell everyone when Kokichi wakes up and that he'd wait by himself.

So there they were, an unconscious boi and a paranoid boi. Shuichi layed Kokichi on his bed and stroke his purple hair away from his face.

The detective then laid besides him and embraced the smaller boy into a cuddle. He felt better that way. Like if having Kokichi close was assuring him that he was fine.

He was only worried about what the liar would be like when he woke up.

{A/N}
Word Count: 628
Sooof course either Kokichi or Shuichi had to be one of the victims.. anyways, I still haven't figured out what the motive will be exactly, so yeah that's something.

I'm between:
-Making Kokichi his PG self
-Making it impossible for Kokichi to hide his feelings or thoughts.
-Make him Straight 👀 jk, jk.
(None are permanent)

As always, I reeeeally appreciate suggestions but it's okay if you don't want to.