Chapter 22: Sherlock Homo isnt good at dating.

No one's POV
Kirumi continued assisting Kaito and Kokichi for a while. Then, she left the group of friends and went to make dinner.

"So... are you two.. official now?" Maki asked, arms crossed.
"Well uh- Heh.. I-In my opinion.. heheh.." Shuichi murmured flustered. He seemed extremely nervous. He was fidgeting and lowering his head.
"Yup." Kokichi said out of nowhere.

Shuichi turned to see Kokichi with blushing cheeks. Kokichi chuckled at the expression on Shuichi's face.

"What? I like you, you of course like me back, what more is required?"
"W-Well if Kokichi says so.. then yes." Shuichi smiled nervously, and Kaito suddenly hugged him.

"That's my sidekick! I knew you would confess! I'm proud of you sidekick!" Kaito said cheerfully.
"Hey! I confessed first! Why does Shumai get all the cheers?!" Kokichi said annoyed.
"Yeah, But it's Shuichi we're talking about. The fact that he was able to get confident enough to confess is already incredible."

Kokichi opened his mouth to reply, then quickly shut it, and then he started analyzing the comment.

"Touché." The liar said.
"I can hear you.." Shuichi murmured frustrated.
"Man, what kind of boyfriend do you think Shuichi would be?" Maki asked.
"I'm still here.." Shuichi murmured again.

Everyone (except Succi, duh) took a few seconds to think. Kaito pulled away from the hug but lifted Shuichi up with only one arm like he was a bag.

"I know! He'd be a boyfriend who would remind you of how much he loves you every time he can! He'd also be super proud to date you and would boast about it! My sidekick would also probably never forget any important dates- "

"Kaito, Shuichi isn't you." Maki interrupted.
"Ah, right. Love you Maki-Roll." Kaito said awkwardly and confidently at the same time.

"I CAN HEAR YOU GUYS!" Shuichi said annoyed and waving his arms.

"Y'all got it wrong. Shumai would clearly spam me with hugs and kisses! He would also probably defend me against anyone and laugh at my pranks. He would be loving, and would also buy me Panta all the time, gifting me at least 7 Pantas per day as a way of thanking me for existing." Kokichi said, hands on his hips and a smirk across his face.

"WAIT YOU WANT ME TO WHAT?!" Shuichi asked stunned.

"It's pretty clear that Shuichi would be a mess as a boyfriend. He'd get overwhelmed with anything. Maybe he would buy gifts some times, but would probably panic at wether you'll like it or not." Maki said calmly.

"STOP IGNORING ME- Wait that's actually quite accurate.." Shuichi said awkwardly.

Everyone nodded at Maki's statement and ignored Shuichi's rant about him not being that bad.

"Well if you're not a bad boyfriend, do you have anything planned for Kokichi? Like a date?" Maki asked in a smug way.

"O-Of course I do! Actually, I'm going to keep working on that right now!" Shuichi said as he stormed off.
"Aww Shumai!" Kokichi said grinning.

"You know he doesn't have anything right?" Maki questioned the liar.
"Duh, but it's cute to see him try." Kokichi replied.
"I REALLY DO!" Shuichi exclaimed from the hallway.

————————————————————————

knock knock

The door opened to the sight of a worried Shushu.

"HelpItoldKokichiIhadadateplannedforhimbutIactuallydontandIdontknowwhattodo." Shuichi blurred out grabbing his hair in a stressed manner.

"Say what now?" Kiibo asked confused.

{A/N}
Word Count: 608
Ok sorry for the crackhead energy it came out worse than I thought lmao. Anyways I'm already working on the next chapter to make sure I don't post late 😌

Also, I think it'll be cool to see Kiibo as Cupid. Thanks for the idea 💖