Chapter 10

Chapter 10

IMPORTANT! "Fight For Her" is being entered in the Watty awards, so if you will be so kind as to vote for it, then I will be the happiest person alive!!! Thank you :)

Ruby's POV

Wham!

I hit the bag so it swung slightly from the chains.

Whack!

This time, it moved further back.

Bam!

Finally, the whole bag moved back with so much force that my fingers hurt; and they were in protective gloves.

I put out all my anger and frustration towards the bag, pretending it was the idiot that had stolen my beloved motorbike.

My mom had let me borrow her car today since she was riding to work with another one of her work friends.

I kept throwing punches, making the bag sway further back until the clearing of a throat interrupted me.

I turned to see Ryder in his usual pose; arms crossed, carefree look, and his signature smirk that I wanted to punch right off his face.

"Ryder." I gave him a short nod and walked over to the bench to get a drink of water. But when I approached, he swiftly snatched the bottle right out of my hands before I could get a sip.

"Hey!" I lunged for the bottle but he quickly moved it over his head and stood still, taunting me.

"Give that back Ryder, you know you're taller than me, it's not fair!" I leapt in the air but to no avail, I missed catching the bottle from his grasp.

"Ah ah ah," he shook his finger, "I'll give it back if you let me teach you how to fight."

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Teach me to fight? How about vice versa, eh?" I jumped back in the air but he moved to the right and I lost my footing, stumbling in my steps.

"See Ruby? You can't even stand correctly." He said and I started the hit his chest through the gray fabric of his shirt.

"Shut...up...and give me...the bottle!" I kept saying but running out of breath.

"Then let me at least help you. I saw some errors of yours, Ruby. Let me help you." I finally gave up and stood with my arms slumped at my sides and my lungs pumping with me panting from jumping up and down repeatedly.

"Fine idiot." I said and an instant smirk settled on his face.

"Good, now if you let me train you this week, will you think about entering a match this weekend?"

"I'll think about it."

•••

I stood in front of Ryder; his hands covered in punching mats. I stood in my stance in front of him and he nodded to start.

The first exercises were easy, just me throwing punches at his hands and crossing over once in a while. Then Ryder shook off the gloves and stood in front of me.

"Now, when I swing, you duck, alright?"

I rolled my eyes at the easy drill and every time he swung, I ducked my head or under his arm.

"Good, Buchanan, now let's see if you know some basic moves..." Ryder said.

"Jab! Hook! Uppercut!" He kept yelling over and over, sometimes switching up the order to throw me off.