Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Ryder's POV

When I got to school on Monday, I felt tired and droopy. I hadn't seen Ruby ever since I snuck into her bedroom, and it was affecting me more than I would've liked.

Monica greeted me when I hopped off my bike and planted her lips on mine. I was confused as to why she wanted to, but I let her hang around all day.

In the hallway before first period, Monica had her manicured hands wrapped around my bicep like a snake. I had no idea why she was so clingy now. Everywhere I went, she went. It was irritating me now.

When I saw Ruby in the hallway, we stared at each other for a long time.

Then she turned and quickly went away.

What the hell?

I hated to think that she was avoiding me. Why?

In first period, which used to be fun going to because I sat next to Ruby, was now a horrible subject of History.

Ruby had taken a seat on the opposite side of the room a row in front of mine. I sat in confusion. Now I knew that she was avoiding me.

My gaze always glanced over to her. She seemed nervous and uncomfortable.

The bell rang and she leapt out of her seat. I got up to go chase her, but I never chased after a girl. Uh uh.

So instead, I got out of class and hoped that she had waited for me somewhere nearby, but no, she was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey babe." Monica's voice rang in my ear and I turned to see her trying to press up against me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

She pouted. "What does it look like?" she trailed her finger down my shirt.

"Monica. Stop." I demanded and she looked at me confusedly.

"What?"

I sighed and pulled her into an empty classroom. "Why are you suddenly all clingy?"

She acted dumb. "I'm not."

"Don't act stupid, Monica. You're never like this."

"Like what?"

I was about to scream at her. "Clingy! Desperate!"

I saw her face twist. "I'm not."

"Yes you are! Is this because we slept together? That was like a week ago and every time we do, you're never like this!"

She rolled her eyes. "You don't get it!"

I scoffed. "And what do I not get?"

She crossed her arms. "You're gone now. Completely ignoring me for that Ruby girl." She spat her name like it was a disease.

"That's not true." I lied.

"Yes, it is, and you know it."

I looked at her. "And what, are you jealous?"

She paused before answering. "Yeah, I guess."

I shook my head. "You told me yourself that it would be good to get to know her better!"

She sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "Yeah, and I regret it. All you do now is go places with her. Are you sleeping together?" she accused.

"No!" I said and shook my head. "You're unbelievable, Monica. This thing," I said, waving the finger between us, "this little sex thing that you like with us, is done." And I walked out of the classroom.