Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I felt like taking a shower so I did so. The amazing warm water cascaded down my hair and body, leaving a fresh feeling behind.

I didn't want to get out, but I knew that Ryder also wanted to take a shower too, so I turned it off and stepped out.

I reached for my clothes but my hand only touched cold marble. I looked around for my clothes but then realized that I forgot to bring some in with me.

I wrapped the softest towel I had ever felt in my life around myself and opened the door slowly. I didn't see Ryder so I assumed he was back in the kitchen (yes, we have a freaking kitchen). I would just run quickly to my suitcase and grab some clothes.

I stepped out into the hallway and walked down to the corner and turned. But I ran into something.

And that something was Ryder.

I yelped and my towel dropped to the floor completely, leaving me nakedly pressed up against Ryder.

His hands were at his sides and his eyes were wide with astonishment and so were mine.

"Don't. Look. Down." I said slowly and he just stared.

"Turn around and close your eyes." I demanded.

"I don't get why I have to close my ey-"

"Close your damn eyes, Ryder."

He did so and slowly turned around to face the other way.

I quickly bent down and picked up my towel, this time wrapping it very tightly around myself.

"Can I turn around now?" Ryder asked.

"Yes."

He turned and smirked at me, shamelessly running his eyes down my body. I smacked his head but he only chuckled.

"I need some clothes." I grumbled and pushed past him to my suitcase. I could feel his eyes on my back as I sat on my bed and opened my suitcase the best I could with one hand while I held up my towel.

"Need help holding up your towel?" Ryder teased and I shot a glare in his direction. "Sorry," he raised his hands in the air, "just trying to be a helpful citizen."

"If you want to be a helpful citizen, next time, watch where you're going." I said.

"Wasn't my fault! You're the one who didn't bother to call out that you needed some clothes. I would've happily gotten them for you."

"I bet you would." I said finally and walked back to the bathroom with some new clothes in my hand.

He grabbed my arm and halted me in my steps. I looked at him and he took the clothes from my hands, including my bra and underwear.

"Did you bring a dress?" he asked.

"Why?"

"We're going out to eat tonight. Wear something nice."

I grabbed the clothes back from his hands but he was still holding my bra.

"Give me my bra, Ryder..." I growled.

"Hmm, C cup. Interesting." He said.

I snatched it back from him and glared. Getting my black dress from my suitcase, I made it back to the bathroom safely.

I shut the door and leaned my back on it. Jesus Christ, what a run in.

Ryder's POV

When Ruby went to get in the shower, I went to the kitchen and looked up the website with her picture on it. It was still there, the picture of her holding up her hands in victory.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number. After three rings it picked up. "Hey Ryder."

"Hey, Felix. Look, I need you to do me a favor."

"What kind of favor?" he asked.

"There's this picture of Ruby from her fight on a website and she doesn't want it on there. I know you can hack into stuff, so I need you to get it off of there."

"Yeah, sure, I think I can be able to. It might take a while, but I'll try."

"Okay, thanks man."

"No problem. And hey, what's going on between you two?"

"Nothing, Felix." I sighed.

"Uh huh, sure. I just know that you've got a soft spot for her Ryder, and everyone can see it."

"Shut the fuck up, Feliciano. I don't. We're friends. Capiche?"

I heard him sigh on the other end. "Yeah, yeah, capiche."

I hung up and texted him the link to the website.

Putting my phone back in my pocket, I took a drink of water and headed to the other room.

When I turned, a soft body collided with mine.

I saw that it was Ruby and she yelped with surprise and her towel fell all the way down to the floor.

I kept my eyes on her and I could tell she was nervous. My heart was beating fast and I felt her body pressed into mine. I had to keep myself from reaching out and touching her, but that would make things more complicated, so I kept them glues to my sides. I could feel her chest pressed up against mine and her pounding heart.

She told me to turn around and close my eyes and I replied with a smart comment but she demanded me to so I did.

I heard her pick up the towel and wrap it around herself. "Can I turn around now?" I asked.

"Yes." She said.

She said something and pushed past me. I watched her long legs stride towards the bed and sit down on the edge while she dug through her suitcase to find some clothes.

Ruby came back but I grabbed her arm and took the clothes from her. She picked out a white v neck shirt with some athletic shorts. I saw her bra and underwear bunched up between.

"Did you bring a dress?" I asked.

"Why?"

"We're going out to eat tonight. Wear something nice."

She snatched back her clothes from my hand but I still held her black lace bra. I checked the tag before she could get it back from me. "Hmm, C cup. Interesting."

She snatched it away and I had to keep from chuckling. She went back to her case and grabbed a nice black dress.

I had to keep myself from reaching out again and grabbing her, pulling her to me, and running my hands all over her body...so I just watched her walk back to the bathroom with my fists clenched.

As soon as she shut the door, I let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding in.

This was going to be an interesting trip.

Tener un día fantástico, mucho amor,

-Anne :)