Epilogue

Epilogue

Three years later...

"Ahhh!!! Ryder Phillip Daniels!" I purposely used his much embarrassed middle name to get his attention. "How dare you!"

We had been baking cookies from one of my mom's cookbooks. The recipe called for so many ingredients that we didn't have, so we improvised a 'bit'.

He had just thrown flour on my face, and I was about to tackle him to the floor.

He was laughing while I was coughing out the flour from my throat.

"I'm gonna ruin your face..." I said, chuckling madly.

"Now, now, you wouldn't mess up your fiancés face before the wedding would you?"

Yes, you heard it. Ryder and I were getting married!

It happened about a month ago...

"Hey babe," Ryder said to me when I walked into the gym. Looking up at the ceiling, there were new fans installed and new equipment set up everywhere.

Last year, Ryder had won the Championships in Seattle. I remembered that day so clearly. I was the proudest girlfriend there could ever be. He had used part of the money he had won to get new things for the gym. A few more punching bags, boxing rings, and other things.

"Hola." I pecked him on the lips before pulling on some gloves.

"That's a kiss?" he asked, incredulously.

I sighed then walked over to him. Standing on my tiptoes, I slowly moved my lips with his as he kissed me deeply.

"That's better." He whispered sexily.

I shook my head, grinning like a mad man and went over to my usual boxing bag.

I saw that the color of the fabric was a different, lighter shade of blue.

"Hey Ryder?" I called out. "Did you change my bag?"

He came to stand next to me and nodded. "Yeah, it was getting torn up so I replaced it."

"Oh. Okay."

I went back to punching the bag. It felt a little lighter, but I guess I was just insane.

Then suddenly, the bag ripped and all the sand poured out onto the floor.

"What the hell?" I asked to Ryder who was standing near me.

The bag finally emptied of sand and was now just a lifeless little sad empty fabric bag.

"What the..." I said, noticing something in the sand pile.

I bent down to pick up it, and brushed off the grains of beige sand.

"Oh my God..." I was holding a beautiful diamond ring.

Turning to Ryder, I was shocked to see him down on one knee right in front of me. I didn't have any words as he gently took the ring out of my shaky fingers and held it up to me.

"Ruby," he started. I heard his voice shake a little. "I remembered the day when we both told each other our fears in that limo. You said that you were afraid of love; didn't believe in it. But when I got to see you more, and be near you, and kiss you...that moment, I realized that I loved you more than anything else in the universe.

And day after day when I wake up to see your face, I think to myself, 'Wow, I'm a pretty damn lucky guy to have someone like Ruby love me.'"

I felt tears of joy running down my face.

"And I just want to thank you for that. For this. For letting me love you and you loving me back. For trusting me. I want this feeling to last forever with you."

I saw him smile brightly and saw all the raw emotion in his face. Love.

"So I want to ask you..." he said, "Will you marry me, Ruby?"

I felt more tears escape from my eyes.

"Yes." I said, sniffing, "Yes, of course, of course..." I kept repeating and we both smiled.

He laughed lightly with relief and shakily slipped on the ring onto my ring finger.

Standing up, Ryder slid his arms around me and kissed me.

This kiss was like no other. His lips were filled with passion and happiness. So were mine.

I smiled against his lips, and he grinned back. When he pulled away, his forehead rested on mine.

"Putting the ring in the bag must have taken you forever." I whispered, pecking his lips once more.

He chuckled. "For you, it's worth it."

I shook my head, laughing. "You cheesy little punk."

I chuckled and looked at his amazing face.

"No, of course not."

Then I grabbed a handful of powder and chucked it at his face, making a cloud of white smoke billow above him.

"You're dead..." he said, chasing after me.

I giggled and screamed, running around the counter top island and going to the living room.

I yelped as he grabbed my waist and tackled me to the carpet. I rolled on top of him and exploded into a fit of laughter.

I was straddling his lap and looking down at his gorgeous face. I stroked his cheek with my hand and kissed him lightly.

"You're amazing." I said.

He nodded. "I know."

Rolling my eyes, I suddenly stopped and frowned, feeling something hard against my leg...

"Is that...?" I said, looking at Ryder with an unbelievable face.

He was blushing but grinning innocently at the same time.

"Oh my God, Ryder." I laughed while I pushed myself off of him.

"What? I'm a dude." He said.

Rolling to the side next to his body, I pulled a pillow off the couch and handed it to him. He covered himself and I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"You're unbelievable..." I said, snuggling into his arms.

I felt him chuckle into my hair.

"But you love me for it."

I nodded softly and melted into his embrace.

"With all my heart."

Suddenly, a squawk came from the corner of the living room. It was our new pet bird, Carl.

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?" Carl squawked his favorite movie phrase towards Ryder.

Ryder looked down at me and grinned, pulling me closer.

"Yes I do," he said. "I'm one lucky punk."

•••

AHHHH!!!!

I can't believe it's officially over :(

SIKE!

I will definitely be writing another chapter of Ruby and Ryder! Two epilogues??? whaaaa???

It will probably be a chapter of them in the future most definitely, so keep reading my friends!

Again, I want to thank you all so so very much for taking your time to read this! 1 million so far! Can you believe it?

If you want to read my other book called 'See Kate Score,'  then go on ahead! I'll definitely be writing more books in the near future, so keep an eye out!

I love you all so much, and I hope you have a fantastic day, much love,

-Anne :)