Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ruby's POV

"Rise and shine idiot!" And there goes my nice, relaxing rest on the comfiest bed in the world. I was woken up by the shrill and annoying voice of Ryder Freaking Daniels.

Oh how I was going to kill him for this.

"What the hell?" I yelled as I felt the cold air on my bare legs as Ryder pulled the covers off of me.

"Wake up, wake up, everybody wa-ake up!" he sing songed and danced around on the floor.

What the actual fuck was going on?

"What's got Mr. Grumpy Pants in a good mood this morning?" I said, chuckling.

"I don't really know. We should go sightseeing today."

"Alright. Just let me get dressed." I turned on my phone and read the time. 1:47 p.m. "Ryder!"

He stopped his prancing and stared at me. "What?"

"It's past noon! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

He only laughed like a psycho and walked off to the bathroom.

I think he forgot to take his medication.

I got dressed into some light jeans and slip on vans with a maroon colored t-shirt.

When Ryder stepped back out, he looked me over and nodded. "That's a nice color on you."

"Oh, so you're saying that I don't look good in any other color?" I said angrily.

"Wh-what? N-no not at all I was just-"

I laughed. "Just joking, Rydie-poo."

He lifted an eyebrow. "Rydie-poo?"

"Uh huh."

"Don't ever call me that again." He said.

"What, you don't like Rydie-poo?" I asked, placing a hand over my heart and acting hurt.

"No, I don't." he took a taunting step forward and came face to face with me. I was trapped in between his hands that were placed on either side of me on the closet door that I was so conveniently back up into.

"I thought it was a cute nickname." I breathily whispered.

"Hmm." He hummed and smirked evilly. "I don't know, sounds a little too girly for me, don't you think?" he cocked his head to the side.

"Fits you well then."

He squinted at me leaned closer so that I could smell his fresh, piney scent that made me want to sink in his hold.

"You have a lot of nerve, Ruby."

"It's what keeps me going."

"Does it really? Interesting."

We fell into a silence with the obvious tension between us. Faces centimeters apart, breaths mingling, pulses racing. It was crazy.

Then we heard the heart stopping sound of door locks clicking and flew apart. The maid walked in and looked at us. She was a short, plump lady with her hair piled in a tight bun on top of her head.

"My name is Regina. I'm the maid. If you don't mind, I'll just clean up a bit and leave you two to whatever you were doing."

I blushed and nodded. "It's fine. We were just going to go sightseeing anyways, right Ryder?"

"Yep. Sightseeing."

It was an awkward silence as Regina glanced back and forth between Ryder and me. I cleared my throat loudly and broke the silence.