11 || hook, line, and sinker

⊱ hook, line, and sinker  ⊰

-use to emphasize that someone has been completely deceived or tricked

∘◦❦◦∘

∘◦❦◦∘

An average student would usually dread the release of cards, not quite anticipating such an event where you have to brood over the depression that those dumb numbers would deem you as a failure with no future ahead of you -- well, that's what my asian parents say. Nevertheless, it isn't something much to look forward to, those numbers that poorly delineate the true capability of a child from the flawed education system. But, of course, that is simply my opinion. If you have another, you are free to refute.

Going back on track, if not a student would fear seeing their D's... and also the other letters, it is not quite the surprise to find the rest feeling quite indifferent with seeing their report cards. How can a stupid piece of paper be important anyways? Aside from depression or pride to oneself, it shouldn't really serve much of relevance. But, well, the two protagonists of this amateur written story aren't really what we may call as average students -- they're nerds after all.

"Um..." A pair of golden honey orbs blinks twice at the sight of two of his classmates keeping watch by the classroom entrance like a pair of hawks ready to swoop in their prey. Seeing Khun and (Y/N) keep watch through the door with focused, high-alert postures -- emitting an intense aura even -- Bam couldn't help the urge to sweat drop. "Khun, Ms. (Y/N), what are... you two doing?"

"Oh, good morning, Bam." Flashing a small smile towards the brunette, Khun greets the said boy, shortly breaking the blistering ambiance he was holding at the sight of his very good friend. "It's a great day, isn't it?"

Seeing the pale faced blunette sparkling up a bright aura, the dark russet haired warily took a few steps back -- knowing the face quite well due to the fact that they had been acquainted with each other since middle school. That -- that is the face of douche bag with a pretty face that is on the verge of winning another scheme.

Getting a grasp of the situation, Bam turns to his (h/c) haired classmate, reflecting sympathy on his face whilst patting the shorter teen's shoulder.

"I'm sorry." As (Y/N) stares at him with a confused countenance, the short haired male then proceeds on before the girl could process what he had meant from his prior words. Dropping his hand back to the side, the other clutching the strap of his backpack. "So, why are you and Khun currently loitering the entrance, Ms. (Y/N)?"

"Oh, it's nothing much, Bam." The two academically excellent students waved their hand dismissively, chuckling sweetly that it had almost made the brunette begin calling an ambulance due to the uncharacteristic facade they were currently showing. "We are simply excited for Mr. Lero Ro's arrival."