12 || diamond in the rough

⊱ diamond in the rough ⊰

-a person who has good qualities despite a rough exterior; a person with great potential

∘◦❦◦∘

∘◦❦◦∘

A farewell party -- this would typically refer to a small, simple event held for when a colleague or acquaintance would have to depart after the time you've spent together. Let's be honest here, only ten percent of those send-offs you have attended before was due to your genuine heartfelt feelings of wanting one final memory with your friend before they leave -- usually, the reason being those clichè ones that included moving because of their father's job, or leaving for college.

For most going-away parties, just admit that you were only in it for the food and you couldn't actually care less about them leaving. In some occasions, you will have to confess that you were actually glad that that piece of shit is leaving -- a good riddance per se.

"Hey, Khun." A pair of abalone orbs watched the owner of the said name currently going through all the accomplishment reports along with a silvery haired male, Boro's chin perched on his open palm as he sat comfortably on the cushioned seat of the meeting room table. Upon receiving a short hum in response, the student council president spoke up. "Where's our farewell party? Shouldn't you be preparing one with (Y/N) as a token of gratitude for your beloved seniors?"

"Well," Sealing another cardboard box out of many more to go with a packaging tape, the sky blue haired eleventh grade student of Sin-ui tears of his gaze at his current work to meet the older male's visage. "I don't really see the point of a farewell party when we'll just simply end up crossing paths with you seniors for the remaining five or six months of the school year."

"Hey, I don't think you'll see us that often!" Sachi protests, raising up of his arms before dropping them back limply to his side as he leaned back on his chair. "We're busy with preparing and studying for college entrance exams just so you know."

"I don't even see you jotting down notes in class." Hockney snorts, dropping a stack of old paper work from a couple months back compiled in color-coded folders. "On the other hand, just how long are you two going to take your short break? Help out already; we're only half finished!" By the end of his claim, the boy with tresses of pearl river had dropped a box large enough to squish both Boro's and Sachi's fingers.

"THAT HURT, HOCKNEY!"

"Get those hands moving before I cut them off with the box cutter." The silver haired boy threatened.

By the time the student council office had been tidied up of almost every evidence of the presence of their term, the horizon openly viewed from the room's windows had been already splashed by the tint of the golden hour -- the vicinity tainted by the amber sunset rays. As the short creaking sound of the student council closet ended with a shut, the jiggling of keys then followed -- locking the cabinet with a resounding click.