18 || to touch someone's heart

⊱ to touch someone's heart⊰

-to make someone particular emotions or strong feelings

∘◦❦◦∘

∘◦❦◦∘

Let's face it. As a writer, we cannot avoid clichés; and like BBC had once said, don't be afraid. While -- according to the words of that woman who just triggers the Asian blood within me with how she cooked friggin' rice -- some people fear making fried rice, there are some beginner writers out there that fear having to use cliché tropes within their story.

Well, guess what? You cannot avoid them. And, in fact, they are hella fun to write.

So why not start another cliché trope for this cliché chapter in this cliché book?

We already crossed off the transferee meets school prince cliché, the academic rival cliché, the part-time job cliché, the sharing a secret cliché, the getting into detention together cliché, the slow-mo dramatic narration cliché, the bet and the girl always lose cliché, the student council cliché, and -- just recently -- the rainy season cliché off the list. Clearly, we need more of those tropes, so let's start with another one.

If you have enough experience delving in the sea of fanfiction, anime and manga, there is one particular event that is ninety-five percent bound to happen after the rainy season event that you know will come.

Have you ever heard of the getting a cold trope? If you're tired of reading it over and over again from every fanfiction or manga you ever flip open, you are free to leave and make your own non-cliché story that is bound to be much better than this one. You could even leave me a link. I would love to see a book without a single trace of cliché in it.

Challenge of the day, take a shot for every time I had used the word cliché.

Like a loyal dog waiting for their beloved owner to return from work, school, the mall, or from the cemetery, a certain (h/c) haired female sat by her dorm room door with pure alert -- (e/c) hues gazing intently at wooden surface of the entrance. Whilst the clock inside her room produced quiet tick-tocks that resonate through the silence of the room, she focused her attention on the door, waiting.

Why perhaps?

"(Y/N)." The instant a certain chocolate-haired teen going by the name Endorsi Jahad's voice call for the name out, she finds the door swung open in less than heartbeat -- the action surprising her as she blinks twice from confusion. The simp didn't even let her knock. But, well, knowing the homosexual female's personality, she wouldn't want such a beautiful princess hit her knuckles on her filthy door just for a filthy peasant like her.