Naya Rivera 🕊💔

Wednesday last week, Naya was reported missing on a boat in Lake Piru. Her son, Josey, who's 4 years old, was asleep on a boat with a life vest on and an adult life vest was found on board too. Naya was nowhere to be seen. The Ventura police department issued a search party on the lake for several days. July 13th, 2020, they found a body floating on top of the lake.

Hours later, they confirmed that it was Naya. Days before, when her son was found, he said that she pushed him onto the deck of the boat but when he looked back, she was disappearing under the water. She saved her son. She'll never get to see him grow up and Josey only had four years with his mother.

Josey was everything to her, she said that he was her greatest accomplishment. Knowing that he won't be able to see his mother again is so heart breaking. Sending love to her family because this must be so hard for them.

Naya left a legacy behind. She was a daughter, a sister, a friend, a mother, and most of all, a role model. I know she was just another celebrity to some people but for the people in the LGBT+ community, she helped shape an entire generation. She helped us to be ourselves and to never shy away from that.

She was brave, loyal, fierce, and loving. I remember when I first saw Naya as Santana on glee, I was mesmerized. I looked up to Naya and so did many other teenagers. She helped me realize that there isn't shame in being who your truly are, and to never take people for granted because there is no promise for tomorrow. I hope Cory is taking care of her up in heaven. Two angels lost so soon. May they Rest In Peace. Fly high Naya, you will forever be missed. 🕊💙

I don't know when I'll be able to update again

I don't know when I'll be able to update again. I haven't even met Naya and I feel like a part of me is missing. I just need some time to think. Thank you.

-Marisella