Chapter 28

Mitch's POV

As soon as I said the words, I saw fear flash in Tash's eyes, but she wiped it away almost immediately and sat next to me. "So what's wrong?"

"What isn't?" I retorted bitterly, and she grinned. "YouTube. Life. Friends."

"Lost my boyfriend. YouTube lost meaning. Life is so tiring, and so worthless. My friends don't care. As long as they have their boy toys, then what was I worth? Absolutely nothing."

"They do care, but they have other things in their life. Trust me, Amber will be here soon. Life has its ups and downs, you just have to bear it, and same with YouTube. Even if you don't have Jerome, there will be others that you'll fall for."

"I don't want anyone else!" I yelled, then Tash burrowed her eyebrows angrily and shook my shoulders. Hard. "Grow up Mitch!"

"Jerome isn't a toy! He isn't just something you want then when it's gone, you move on! He's a person! A good person who ended things with me, and I don't blame him. I lost his trust, because I couldn't open my mouth long enough to keep him here, to keep me away from-" I stopped abrubtly, not wanting to say too much. "Yeah, he keeps away nightmares. Is that seriously the only reason you want him here now? I get, that you have issues, but that doesn't mean you get to stuff around Jerome. He deserves so much more than you not being able to tell him things like what you just told me!" I put my hands to my head, unwilling to hear more of the truth. Tash looked at me and looked at me pityingly. "I'm here to listen, but not to self-pity. You're the cause of your problems, so I won't hear you be all up and making it sound like it isn't your fault."

"But it is."

"Hey! You learnt something today!"

"I thought you were meant to be helping me."

"Helping you can mean showing you the problems you caused, instead of sugar-coating everything until reality is a blurred heap."

"Oh thanks." Tash hugged me slowly. "Do what you gotta do. I won't tell Amber. You have my word, okay?"

"I guess. Thanks." I muttered hesitantly, and Tash looked at me. "Try stop though, and stay safe." I looked away from her into Alison's eyes. "Come on Mitch. You'll never be safe if it isn't over. Wouldn't you just love the peace?"

Jerome's POV

"Jerome, how are you?" Ryan. "Could have been better. You?"

"Yeah, hey, I'm flying down in a few days, can I stay at your place?"

"Uh. I dunno. Maybe. How long?"

"Like a few days. I wanna hang with my good buddy Jerome!"

"And Mitch?"

"We haven't talked much. He doesn't reply to texts, and usually if he does, it's not a great answer, so I stopped trying." Ah. I went to Gale. "Can I have a friend who stays for a few days?"

"Go for it." He hummed absent-mindedly, and Ryan whooped. "Be warned, there's a lot of kissing action. Someone has a girlfriend."

"Oh yeah, I broke up with Kaila (is that how you spell it?) weeks ago. Turns out our interests are much to similar for her liking, and mine."

"Oh really?"

"Yep!" Ryan laughed loudly. "You still gay mate?"

"Huh?"

"You still a gay guy living the good life?" Ryan asked bluntly, and I felt a little offense pass through me, but ignored it. "Sure. It's great, you should try it."

"I think I just might. See you soon Jerome." He hung up, and I stared at the wall. "That was weird."

"Not as weird as hearing one half of the conversation!" Gale yelled in reply, and I rolled my eyes. "Wow. Real mature."

"Sinve when am I mature?" He asked, popping his head into my room, and I smirked. "Yeah, you make a good point." He walked back out and I looked at my phone. I couldn't wait for Ryan to get here. He'd be great company.

Mitch's POV

I finished up the bandage, and walked to the kitchen. Oh look. No one home.

Pulling back a cupboard door, I grabbed a sleeping pill and put the bottle back, before I contemplated something. How much was too much?

I hit the internet, and Googled zalephon into the engine. "Oh look. You can snort it." I said, faintly amused. I was on a 15mg prescription, but what if it became more? "A hypnotic drug. Interesting." As my searching became deeper, I learnt about chemical reactions between different household drugs, and what could and couldn't kill you. By the time I'd hopped off and deleted my history, I'd looked at more than I had learnt throughout chemistry and biology classes. I stared at the bottle now in my hand. "Maybe I'll need more of you babies." I muttered, before walking off. It was nap-time for me. I was done with everything today.

Well. Don't take drugs, like seriously. That was kinda interesting learning about it though, since I actually Googled it. Well. Votes?

Now real talk about the book and a little bit about life.

I'm kinda done with it, and am sick of this book because not everything was turned out to correction, so I either wanna rewrite this, delete it altogether or leave it. I'm currently leaning to the last one, because I want to move onto new books. I don't know if anyone realised either, but the person Fern was based off, we aren't friends anymore per my request after some things, so that is why her character is gone, and will probably never be back. There will be one more book though, no matter what happens, and I promise I will use that to set things out straight. I plan on throwing more consistent effort into that, and hope you guys will stick around. Thank you for being here when I didn't want to. <3

Amber