Prologue

"Love, you were a need last time, and then I left. Because that time I knew I can fulfil it, somehow, someone else may be there to fulfil it. But when I saw you again, I realised that you are not just a need. You have become an addiction. Kind that I cannot live without. I don't care if I have my empire at this point of time. I only care if I can have my queen."

I looked into his green eyes shining with love. Love that his heart hold for me. "Christin, do you love me?" I asked softly touching his cheek as we both struggled in the cold not to freeze. As the dawn seem far and night seem not to end. Our life too was hanging by thread. Once I met a man, who refused to bare his heart to me. But now, I can see every inch of him. His secrets now bare to me.

His dark soul, still so beautiful in my eyes. I have waited long to meet him. Long enough to know what the agony of separation feels like and my feelings have triumph over my fears of uniting with him. No matter what it might lead to. I know now, Christin Ace Rodriguez was the only man that I ever want to have in my life.

When I left London, I only had one thing in my mind. I wanted answers. That was only what mattered for me. When he left me on that alter without even listening to my answer I was hurt. And I was broken but I never did understand what I was hurt for. After all it was my fault for making him misunderstand myself and my intentions, not anymore. I know what I want and I want him Mr. Rodriguez, my Christin. I want him to be mine just mine.

All I know is I never wish to feel that ever again, if we survive this, I am going to make sure he never leaves no matter what it is.

He arms still shackled moved around me. I only saw his cuts, and wounds bleeding. He was hurt badly. He protected me. And that is what landed him into trouble. He pulled me against his body. I felt his body heat leaving his body slowly. Again, he is almost dying and again it was my fault all mine, if I didn't left him and made this reckless decision, he wouldn't have come to save me as always my knight in shining armour. Always...

"Christin..." My eyes watered. "I might not make it through the night Katherine." "No, don't say that..." He touched my cheek. "Don't cry Love, it's ok we should prepare for the worse. I just wanted you to know something. Katherine, look at me please..." I looked at him. "Katherine, you are the most important thing in my life. You always have been. I just never realised it until you slipped away. And I left because I cannot admit defeat. I cannot admit that I had let you slip away out of my hand." Oh Christin How much I need you right by my side you so don't know I have been through this last few alone and lonely, and what kept me going was your memories.

He closed his eyes. "Please don't close your eyes" "It's ok Love, I am in peace now. And it is the first time I felt it. No, I have felt it before all those nights I was with you, teaching you to navigate and then when we danced under those stars. It was peaceful. You were my peace all along. My salvation My Love. And I have always loved you. I was too afraid to admit it. Not now, I love you Katherine I always have."

"No, don't close your eyes. I cannot let you die. I cannot... I am sorry for being stubborn, fighting, not listening to you, blaming you for everything. I will do anything to keep you with me. I will do anything, just please don't die... please, I love you" I whispered as I heard his heartbeat slow down and I wished upon the star to give me one more chance with him. 

Word Count: 706 Words