Chapter 2

"Wait what?" Dahye said surprised. Renxiang shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know, that's just what my brother told me. He's a junior here. He told me to avoid the ballerinas because they're cliquey and aren't the nicest." Renxiang told her.

"Even the freshmen?" Dahye asked in disbelief.

"They say not at first but eventually they'll all join the rest with time." Hyunjae informed her.

"Whatever. If they're not good people I don't want to join them." Dahye said, crossing her arms. Renxiang gave her a smile.

"That's good to hear." Renxiang said just as the teacher walked in. They quickly settled down, turning their heads to the front.

"Hello class, welcome to your first day at Neo School for the Arts. I am Mr. Moon Taeil, or Mr. Moon and I'll be your math teacher for the year." The teacher said, introducing himself.

"Now, the headmaster has something to say to you all so let's all get up and head to the theatre together for the welcoming assembly.

...

I see why this school is considered prestigious now, Dahye thought as she looked around the theatre. Even with all the freshmen present, they only filled up the first few rows of the centre section. Dahye looked up to the stage where a man was making his way up to the podium.

The teachers were sitting on the stage along with a black-haired boy. His uniform was neatly pressed and he seemed to be close with the teachers as he smiled and chatted with them.

It suddenly became quiet as the lights began to dim and lighting in the theatre focused on the man at the podium. He gave them a big smile.

"Hello freshmen, and welcome to Neo School for the Arts, an arts school made for only the best of the best. My name is Mr. Lee Taeyong and I am the headmaster of the school. I congratulate you all for having successful auditions. I hope that during your four years here, you learn about what it truly means to be an artist."

Mr. Lee looked over at another male who later introduced himself as Mr. Kim Doyoung, who went over the school's policies. Dahye zoned out during this part as it was most on behaviour and uniform.

"Now I'd like to let our Student Body President, Mark Lee, say a few words about the community we have here at Neo School for the Arts." Mr. Kim said. Dahye watched as the black-haired students got up from his seat, making his way to the podium.

"Thank you Mr. Kim. Hi everyone, my name is Mark Lee and I'm a Senior Music Major specializing in the guitar. I am the Student Body President for this year." Mark said, greeting them with a smile and wave.

"Neo School for the Arts takes pride for our amazing student community. We're all here for one thing, the arts, and that's what connects us all. I hope that during your four years here, you make life long friendships and experience the opportunity of a lifetime. If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to reach out to me in the hallways. All of us are here together, and I would like to encourage you all to help each other out, embracing NSA's amazing community. Mark said, finishing his speech.

He seems nice, Dahye thought just as Hyunjae whispered to her.

"Don't let his looks fool you, he's part of Dream." Hyunjae told her.

"Dream?" Dahye whispered back. Hyunjae nodded.

"The most popular boys at the school, and the most talented." Hyunjae told her.

"Don't listen to him, he's spitting non-sense." Renxiang said in a hushed tone, joining their conversation.

"She's only saying that because her brother is part of them." Hyunjae said. "Trust me, you'll believe me when you see them."