Chapter 9

"Dahye!" Jisung exclaimed before covering his mouth. He had watched the way Hyunjae was dancing with the girl and knew he had sore arms.

Ms. Kim immediately ran to the girl on the floor where Hyunjae was kneeling beside.

"Dahye, I'm so so sorry." Hyunjae said as Dahye held onto her ankle. The girl gave her ankle a small rub before smiling and standing up.

"It's okay, I'm fine. Just a hard landing, that's all." Dahye said as she patted Hyunjae's shoulder. Ms. Kim stared at the both of them.

"Hyunjae, I hate to say this but you need to work on your arm strength more. There should be no reason that you should be dropping your partner like that." Ms. Kim scolded.

"Yes, ma'am." Hyunjae replied, bowing his head.

Ms. Kim took a deep breath before picking up her clipboard.

"Well after that, I'm going to change up the duet partners and let's finish learning the rest of the duet part." Ms. Kim announced before reading off the list of names on her clipboard.

"Bomi with Jisung, Soojin with Junsu, Hyelim with Hyunjae, and Dahye with Minwoo."

I'm with Bomi?! Jisung thought as the senior gave him a smirk. This is the worse!

"Hi Park." Bomi said as they approached one another. Jisung rolled his eyes.

"Let's just get this over with." Jisung said as he took his place behind Bomi.

For the rest of the rehearsal, they continued learning the rest of the choreography. Jisung was trying hard to work with Bomi, who was a very good dancer, but he just didn't enjoy working with someone he disliked that much.

Jisung couldn't help but glance over at Dahye every now and then. The girl was dancing with Minwoo, a junior jazz dancer. He had a lot of experience dancing with partners so Jisung knew Dahye had no problems with him. Occasionally, Minwoo would whisper words of advice to her, helping her with her movements to improve her partnering skills.

"Okay, that's it for the duet. There's no rehearsal tomorrow but feel free to come in to work with your partners. Oh, but before you leave, I want to see all of you running it one more time with new partners." Ms. Kim said, picking up her clipboard one more time.

Yes, I might not be with Bomi.

"Bomi with Minwoo, Soojin with Junsu, Dahye with Jisung. Hyelim, stay with Hyunjae, I think you two are working well together." Ms. Kim instructed.

Yes, no more Bomi. Jisung gave Bomi a smirk before walking towards his new partner. That's when it hit him.

My new partner is Dahye!

...

Dahye walked over to the tall male, giving him a small smile as she took his side. "You good?"

Jisung seemed to snap out of his trance. "Yeah, you're a lifesaver. I thought I was going to be stuck with Bomi." Jisung said, making Dahye chuckle. They took their starting position.

Dancing with Jisung was easy and natural. He was a good partner and matched well with her. They finished the routine with ease.

"Wow, that was really good." Jisung said to her. Dahye nodded in agreement as she caught her breath.

"Okay, good job everyone. I think I like Bomi with Junsu and Soojin with Minwoo so you two switch back. But the other two pairs stay as it is. Don't forget to practice on your own time and we'll learn some more the day after." Ms. Kim told them. They all curtsied and bowed before leaving the studio.