Chapter 22

Dahye took a deep breath as she entered the doors of the school, right behind Donghyuck. And we're back.

Dahye had to admit, she enjoyed her winter break. She had gone out with Renxiang, Hyunjae, and Byungho a few times. Chenle had hosted a huge New Year's Eve party in his mansion and Dahye was hesistant on going until Donghyuck told her that Jisung had went to Seoul for the winter break to study dance under another choreographer.

Dahye ended up being glad that she went as she was shocked when Hyunjae asked Renxiang out that night. The girl was completely surprised as well, and was glad that Dahye was there to support her.

Speaking of the new couple, Dahye immediately caught sight of the two holding hands in front of Hyunjae's locker. They quickly let go as Dahye got close but she had already seen it all.

"Trying to be slick." Dahye commented as she unlocked her locker.

"Whatever." Renxiang said as the two joined her. "What's up with Byungho anyways?"

"Byungho?" Dahye asked. Hyunjae nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, it's so obvious that he's been hitting on you for a while. I thought you liked him back as well." Hyunjae told her.

"Oh. I don't know." Dahye admitted as she placed her books in her locker. "I'm not sure how I feel about dating."

"Ugh." Renxiang suddenly groaned as Dahye felt a presence behind her. She turned around to see Bomi and her friends, loudly talking about Bomi's duet and her win.

"The competition was a month ago. Why can't they get over it?" Renxiang asked to no one in particular.

The competition.

Dahye shook the negative thoughts from that day away. Or at least she tried to until Hyunjae brought up another moment from that day.

"Hey Dahye, I forgot to tell you over the break but did you know that Ms. Choi is Bomi's mother."

"What?" Dahye exclaimed, surprising the couple. She could feel a few students eye her before returning back to what they were doing before. Oh come on, I wasn't even that loud.

"Yeah, she went on stage to take a picture with Bomi and her husband with the prize." Hyunjae informed her before turning to face Renxiang. "You can back me up on this, right?"

Renxiang nodded her head. "Yeah, that did happen."

"Wow." Dahye said softly. "That's so weird, they're so different. Ms. Choi is so nice and Bomi is just...."

"I know right." Hyunjae said in agreement just as the warning bell rang, signalling that they should start heading to class.

"Well, I guess I'll see you two later." Renxiang said, giving the two a wave before heading to art class.

Dahye followed Hyunjae as they made their way to the dance floor.

As she walked in the halls, she caught sight of the tall male with freshly dyed blond hair.

Park Jisung.

...

Lee Dahye.

Jisung had caught sight of her in the halls as he made his way to class. But neither of them could interact in fear of being marked late. Maybe that's a good thing, Jisung thought as he recalled the last time they saw each other.

"Whoa, is that my best friend?" Chenle exclaimed as Jisung walked into class.

"Yah, you're so loud." Jisung said with a chuckle, fixing his bangs as he sat down. "Does it look good."