Chapter 4

"How was your first day?" Donghyuck asked as Dahye got comfortable in his car.

"Good." Dahye said. Donghyuck nodded his head.

"See, I told you there was nothing to be excited about." Donghyuck said, guiding the car out of the parking lot.

"I actually have a question for you." Dahye told him.

"Okay, shoot." Donghyuck said, stopping the car at a red light.

"Why didn't you telling us about your summer with the music producers?" Dahye watched as Donghyuck froze in his seat, gripping the wheel tight.

"Where did you hear that?" Donghyuck finally said, moving the car again. Dahye gave him a look.

"Please the whole school knows, except for your own sister." Dahye said. "You're a music legend at the NSA and I had no idea." Donghyuck let out a sigh.

"Listen, I don't really care but just don't tell eomma and appa." Donghyuck told her.

"Why not?" Dahye asked.

"They don't really support me pursuing the path of a singer." Donghyuck said.

"That's ridiculous, they wouldn't have let you come here if they didn't." Dahye said but Donghyuck shook his head.

"They actually didn't want me to audition for NSA but after I begged, they let me. They weren't expecting me to get in anyways, but when I did they were surprised. They tried to convince me not to go but I insisted and they finally let me come here but it was just to get music out of my system." Donghyuck said to his sister.

"Seriously? But they were so supportive of me coming here." Dahye said.

"I know, that's because what you do in life doesn't really matter, since you're not the one supporting the family. Appa always says, a man's family is only as stable as his job." Donghyuck said as they pulled up into their driveway. Dahye didn't know what to say.

"Look, I'm serious about not telling our parents. My life is over the second they find out." Donghyuck said, staring into Dahye's eyes. She gulped. Her brother had only looked this intimidating when he had threaten to beat her up after she broke his playstation when she was ten.

"Okay." Dahye said. Donghyuck nodded, opening the car door and leaving to enter the house.

...

"How was your first day at school?" Dahye's mother asked as they sat around the dinner table.

"It was good." Dahye told them.

"Did you make any friends?" Their father asked. Dahye nodded their heads.

"How about people to avoid?" Their mother said, jokingly.

"There's this one girl in my ballet class that was really weird. I was standing at the barre, close to the piano and she told me to move because it was her spot. There must be some hierarchy or something because turns out she was a senior." Dahye told them.

"That's interesting." Their father said. Dahye glanced at her brother.

"Her name is Bomi, do you know her?" Dahye asked. Donghyuck raised an eyebrow.

"Choi Bomi?"

"I don't know her last name."

"Brown hair, tall, round eyes?" Donghyuck asked. Dahye nodded, earning a scoff from Donghyuck.

"Yeah, I know her. She's the basic mean girl of the school." Donghyuck said.

"Well, that probably explains her ballet class behaviour." Their mother said.