Chapter 20

Dahye was thankful that Byungho had willingly gone shopping with her for her dance costume. Having the male there definitely made it easier and she had found the exact same dress that Jeno had suggested.

Jisung and Dahye had passed the costume check no problem and now they were rehearsing for their duet for the first time. Dahye was having a hard time with Jisung's hip hop moves though, and his choreography was fast and detailed.

"That's not really it." Dahye heard Jisung mutter for the millionth time. "You have to bend you knees more and relax into it."

"But it's a hit!" Dahye argued. "How do you just relax into a hit?"

"Like this." Jisung said, doing the movement with ease. "Now you try."

"Now you try." Dahye said without thinking, mimicking Jisung's voice. She did the movement again but she didn't even have to look at Jisung to know that he wasn't satisfied.

"Why don't we just move onto your part for today?" Jisung suggested. Dahye let out a deep breath before nodding her head.

"Alright."

Unfortunately the ballet part didn't go as smoothly as Dahye had expected either. Jisung's movements were stiff and it was clear that he lacked the proper ballet technique.

"Stretch your knees." Dahye corrected. "And why do your arms look like that?"

"Because I have long limbs." Jisung replied, his voice lacking emotion. This won't do.

Dahye let go our Jisung's arm that she was correcting and they immediately plopped down to his sides, a deep sigh leaving his lips.

"Let's just call it a day." Jisung said, taking his cap off and running his fingers through his hair before placing the item back on his head.

"But we're performing this in a few weeks and we barely have the first minute done." Dahye whined.

Jisung didn't seem to care though as he went and grabbed his duffel bag from the corner. "We can meet next week."

"Yah, Park Jisung!" Dahye called but Jisung was already out the door of the studio, leaving her alone in the room.

Dahye pulled her roots in frustrations.

Why is this duet so hard?

...

What is wrong with me?

Jisung was in the studio alone, long after the other students had left. He had this project that he needed to work on with Chenle but his best friend was caught in a rehearsal for the school's winter musical, as Chenle was playing piano for them.

That left Jisung alone in the dance studio to kill some time on his own.

Jisung couldn't help but let his mind wander to the last time he was in the same practice studio. It was during his duet rehearsal with Dahye and he had stormed away out of frustration. It seemed that whatever they were doing wasn't working and he didn't know how to fix it.

"Guess this dance will just be a disaster." Jisung sighed as he lied down, closing his eyes.

He was resting peacefully when the door opened, making Jisung's eyes flutter open as he turned to see who it was.

Great, Jisung thought as he met Byungho's eyes.

"Um, sorry." Byungho said as he slowly stepped back. "I'm just looking for someone."

"Dahye left." Jisung said as he closed his eyes again.

"I know." Byungho simply replied. "I was looking for Bomi."