Agrretsuko

Agrretsuko is a Netflix original anime based on the sanrio character 'Retsuko'. This anime is known for its adorableness and humor. It manages to perfectly capture realationships such as friendship, relationships or the relationship between a boss and an employee. It is highly relatable and almost everyone has gone through atleast a couple of things that Retsuko goes through. Aggretsuko follows Retsuko, a sweet, dilligent and hardworking office worker. Like many of us, she id having a hard time in everyday life. Whether it is partiality from her boss, a manipulative colleague or a fight between her friends, there is one solution for our beloved Retsuko, going to a karaoke bar and taking her frustrations out while singing death metal. Now, by all means, I am no death metal expert, but man is it powerful and satisfying to watch. It is almost empowering in a way . Now does doing this fix her problems? No. Does it help to fix the problems? Also no. But does it make her feel better so she can deal with it all over again? YES! But here's the thing, singing death metal, alone, at a karaoke bar isn't exactly a 'normal' thing to do. To maintain her image of the sweet and diligent girl, she has to keep this a secret. It's almost like a superpower.However, she will find her companions, who she can share this with eventually. What i personally really liked about this show was that it was feminist is a subtle way. A lot of shows with female leads will make it a point to emphasize that the female lead is female and that can be a little unnatural and off putting. However, in Aggretsuko, there are a lot of problems our sweetie, Aggrestsuko faces and deal with which are problems  faced by women, especially in Japan but no where is it being mentioned and makes us feel for her and understand the situation. Overall, this show is just a delight to watch. It is so cute and funny.All the situations in this show are extremely realistic but presented in such an interesting and entertaining way that you will not be able to stop watching it and once its over you will crave for more.