Usagi drop

Usagi drop or bunny drop is a 2011 anime based on a manga of the same name. Now this review is ONLY for the the anime not the manga. This anime is one of the most heartwarming things I've seen. It's so adorable and sad yet beautiful. Words cannot describe how it'll make you feel.
This anime follows Daikichi , a 30 year old bachelor who lives alone and has a normal day job. On the funeral of his maternal grandfather, he learns that his grandfather has a 6 year old daughter, Rin from his maid. During the funeral, we see all the relative's arguing over who is going to take care of Rin, right in front of her,while she's still mourning her father. Daikichi notices this and notices Rin and decides to look after her
.
Through the show, we see the bond between Rin and Daikichi develop and grow slowly. We see that even though Daikichi is an adult, he values Rin's wishes and lets her think and decide things for herself. I think this is important to remember that even though children and immature and lack experience they're breathing, thinking and feeling humans and it's important to understand what they feel is right for them.It's always important to keep in mind what's best for them and protect them but also not enforce your will upon them.
This anime also shows us the difficulties involved in being a single parent. There's never a moment to spare and yet, the bond you can have with your child is like no other. Raising someone from childhood and seeing them develop as a person and human must be something to witness and through this anime, we can catch a glimpse of that .

Engagement:2/3
Character:2/3
Writing 3/3
Uniqueness:1/1
Total: 8/10