Sekaiichi Hatsukoi

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (The world's greatest first love), the 2011 anime is one of the most popular yaoi anime of all time. To this day, fujoshis (including me) love it. In Japan, it is said that," First love never lasts". In this anime however, we see 3 stories of first loves.

Masamune and Ritsu

Ritsu Onodera, a literature editor gets a job in the shojo manga 'Emerald'. His boss is the demon Masamune Takano. Since Onodera is new to manga, Takano advises him and teaches him the ropes of editing manga. Slowly, but surely Ritsu starts to have feelings about Takano. But can he admit it? Will his past let him?

What I love about this couple is that both Takano and Onodera are kinda tsundere. Their dynamic is very interesting. I also really like Ritsu's inner monologue in which he is always at a war with himself. 

Hatori and Chiaki

Yoshino Chiaki is a shojo mangaka . His editor in charge is his childhood friend, Yoshiyuki Hatori, who's been in love with Chiaki since High school. Will their love blossom now that they're 28?

What I love about this couple is that Hatori is just so caring. He takes care of Chiaki and cherishes him, but is also strict. He is almost like his mother. 

Kisa and Yukina

Shouta Kisa is a 30 year old manga editor who only falls in love with faces. Because of his baby face, he is able to date men with cute faces but eventually, gets tired of all of them until he meets the shojo manga salesmen at a bookstore Kou Yukina. Will this be his first love? Or will it wither away like the rest?

All in all, I think this anime does a wonderful job at capturing the feeling of 'being in love'. To all my yaoi fangirls/ fujoshis out there, this anime wil make you go "kyaaaa~"  and make your heart go doki doki countless times. The animation is very aesthetic, soft, yet sharp with mostly muted colors. If you wanna get your feet wet and watch a yaoi, check this one out! It's the og and one of the best out there.