What is screenwriting and how is screenwriting in anime different

Screenwriting is the art of showing without telling. Essentially, it is how you present a story, premise or plot. Screenwriting is not just about the plot. It is about how you communicate one. The product of screenwriting is a script. But what exactly is a script? A script is a blue print of any media. Each page in a script is 1 minute of screen time. Generally speaking, it includes not only dialogues, but also the way in which events unfold. For example, if in a scene, there is a car crash, the script will include how the car crashes and then the dialogue of anyone in the shot.

What is considered to be 'Good' screenwriting

Good screenwriting or a good script, traditionally means a script which is able to communicate the story through visuals and not just dialogue. Sybolism is desirable. For eg. In a good script to depict that a character is sad, the character would be shown crying rather than them saying "I'm sad". We will not know what the character is thinking exactly, but will see it .Here is where anime is fundamentally different. In anime, it is common for us to be able to hear a characters thoughts while also seeing their reactions.Now, this does not mean script writing in anime are bad. In my opinion, the main purpose of a show is to provide escapism. It should be able to engage us into the story and anime does that extremely well.

Anime's screenwriting is like that of a novel written from the point of view of one or more characters. This allows us to truly know our characters and form bonds with characters we generally cannot in other media. For me, this is a huge reason that I enjoy anime. Anime has always had interesting plots and concepts since before it was common to do so. But because the storytelling is different, it is common for anime to be overlooked. The biggest example of this is the oscars. Every year, we see amazing anime movies coming out, yet anime movies don't win. The only exception to this is