Koi wa ameagari no you ni

Love is like the falling rain, follows Akira Tachibana a 17 year old former runner and member of the track and filed club of her school. Due to an injury, she has to quit the team. One day as she is walking home, dejected that she is not going to be able to pursue her passion anymore and also not be able to be with her friends anymore stops by at a cafe to save herself from rain and 'falls in love' or develops a crush. Her crush is the 45 year old Kondo Masami.

Yes, ya girl here crushed on a 30 yr old man at 15 herself. This anime was veeery weirdly relatable for me. I've watched it a couple of times and what I love about this anime specifically is that it grows with you and has new meaning each time you watch it. The first time I watched it, I felt like it was just a sweet 'love story' and kind of a shojo anime. It does do a very good job at showing what having a crush during your teenage is like. It's exciting, nerve wracking, it gives you butterflies and fuzziness. I recently watched it again and now, I feel like it's a story of self discovery. Since Tachibana has feelings for Kondo, she approaches him and they become friends.They're both are dealing with things( I don't wanna get into the specifics and soil it),and the companionship of the other person helps. Through this friendship, Tachibana learns about herself and about Kondo and the same goes for him.

Normally, we interact with people who are similar to us. The interaction we have with elder people is in a formal setting. We don't usually have a 'relationship' (not romantic kind, but something more than friendship) with people who are that different from us. I think both out main characters were able to learn more about themselves because they learned about someone who was very different from them. And maybe every once in a while, it'd be nice to get to know people from a different age group and generation so we can both learn from each other.