1: mara

I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS A SOLO HARRIE OM SORRU ITS SO BAD

"oh my god mara i love it!" my client gushed when she looked in the mirror. i think i did pretty well myself! "im so sad that you've got another amazing job opportunity, otherwise i'd ask you to be my personal make up artist" she sighed as i put my brushed back in the pot.
"you'll find someone, i know it" i replied.
"who is the lucky girl?" she asked me as she got off her chair. she had her baby shower today and wanted some cute make up. her wife had agreed that their theme was going to be adorable and her make up should match.

"im not even sure! a manager of this famous singer reached out to me and told me his client wanted to spice things up on stage" i responded.
"well darn theyre lucky!" she was all dressed when i stopped her. i added a touch of highlight on her nose. "perfect" i smiled.
"you best keep in touch while youre on the road with this singer! you've become a friend!"
"of course i will!"

oh, i forgot to introduce myself! my names mara. im 24 and im a professional make up artist. i've loved make up since i was a child and started experimenting when i was 16 - alongside going to concerts like a maniac! my parents have never approved of anything i've done due to culture and religion but i've kept going. it's been extremely difficult but i have good friends by my side.

"well...i'll let you tidy away in peace. i'll text you the gender" she smiled at her belly.
"please do! and have fun!" i replied. she sauntered off happily while i finished tidying.
today was my last day in london. tomorrow i was going to heathrow then flying out to bolagna. i still had no clue who i was going to be working for. apparently my new client wanted to keep things on the low? but i respected that completely.

i finished tidying up and went to get the tube home so i could start packing my make up for tour. i was disheartened i had to miss some concerts while i was away but i knew it would be worth it. the experience, the pay...it'll all be okay.