Ch. 5 - THE TELL

Blake's outfit

Chapter Five🐺 The Tell 🐺

Chapter Five
🐺 The Tell 🐺

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever made, it's the best sports movie-" Jackson said as Lydia pulled up to the video store, "No." Lydia interrupted. "It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper-"

"No." By now Blake, who was sitting in the back felt like she was watching a tennis match. "Lydia, I swear to God you'll like it." Jackson still tried to argue, "No." Lydia said again and Blake leaned forward. "Can I pick the movie?" She asked and Lydia laughed.

"Definitely not. You'll just end up picking something nerdy like Star Wars." She said making Blake frown, "No I wasn't." She totally was.

"I am not watching The Notebook again." Jackson said and Lydia just gave him a look making him sigh and get out of the car. "Should I go help him?" Blake asked as Lydia held up her phone to take selfies, "Probably, but take a picture with me first." Lydia said and Blake smiled at the camera then got out after Lydia took the picture.

"What are you doing?" Jackson asked as Blake walked in, "I'm assuming you don't know where the notebook is? Considering you're looking at the comedy section." Blake said and Jackson looked at the thing of movies he was looking to conform she was right. "And what you do?" He asked and she nodded.

"Romance section is next to the Si-Fi section." She said and then started walking down the aisle, she was about to turn to go down another one but Jackson grabbed her arm making her stop and look at him. "You see that too right?" He asked and she followed his line if sight.

Sticking out of one of the aisle was a pair of feet laying there unmoving. Blake slowly walked closer, Jackson following close behind. They made it to the aisle and slowly peeked around to see the store clerk, dead on the floor. Blood everywhere.

Jackson staggers back and tumbles right into the ladder. It goes down, wires snapping with it as a spark flies from the light fixture. With an electric crackling, all of the lights flicker and die, plunging the store into darkness.