Ch. 27 - FIREFLIES

Blake's outfit

Chapter Twenty-Seven
Fireflies

The door to Peter's car clicks open and Blake steps out with her eyes on her phone as she thumbs a text message, walking briskly across the empty parking lot. But she stops short when she realized her steps didn't sound like she was in the woods.

Slowly peering up, she finds she's definitely not at the edge if the woods, but at the Beacon Hills public pool. Glancing about in confusion, "What the hell?" She muttered under her breath. Few seconds later another car pulled up next to her and Lydia gets out.

The first thing she notices is Blake making her look at her confused before noticing she wasn't as that store like she thought. "Why am I here?" Lydia asks as she slowly walked over to Blake, "Don't tell me you left to go one place but ended up here instead." Blake sighed and Lydia nodded.

Lydia glanced around then freezes when she spots an object in the darkened pool. Blake followed her line of sight to see something floating in the pool. And in every movie she's ever seen when something is just floating in an empty pool, it's never good.

She slowly walked over, Lydia following close behind as she grabbed Blake's arm out of fear. Inching forward, the girls tries to make out what it is. With each step, it becomes clearer a body floating in the water. "So that's why I'm here." Blake muttered while Lydia whispered a small, "Oh god."

Finally, they approach the pool, moving down the side by the lifeguard chair where Blake crouches at the edge. She reaches for the body, managing to grab hold of it's shirt, pulling it toward the moonlight to reveal a CPR mannequin making Lydia sigh in relief. Blake looked around confused until her eyes caught the sight of a scarlet liquid.

Following it until her eyes looked at the lifeguard chair. "Lydia, don't look." Blake whispered and despite the warning, Lydia slowly turned around and gasped at the sight in front of them.

Perched in the lifeguard chair is the body of an eighteen year-old boy, wet blood still flowing down his clothes from a horribly slashed throat. As the CPR mannequin drifts silently back in the water, Lydia's terrified scream fills the moonlit night.

Stiles's Jeep flies into the lot, pulling in next to Lydia's car. He slams on the brakes and jumps out. "Blake! Lydia!" He yelled running over to where the girls stood, Blake had her arm around Lydia comfortingly. Unlike Blake, Lydia was a little newer to death. "Are you okay?" Stiles asked worriedly and Blake nodded, "We're fine."

"That, over there...? Not okay." Lydia said, obviously still freaked out. "Yeah. All right. I'm gonna call my dad." Stiles said pulling his phone out when Blake spoke up. "I already called your dad." She said making him slowly turn to her.