Ch. 16 - ABOMINATION

Blake's outfit

(Let's pretend that that's Stiles's flannel)

Chapter Sixteen
🦎 Abomination 🦎

Stiles's Jeep sits atop a rotary lift underneath which a mechanic uses an impact gun to break free a particularly tight bolt on the exhaust. Pushing through the door of the waiting room, Stiles waves his hands, trying to get the Mechanic's attention. "Hey! Hey Wh-what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter!" Stiles yelled as he walked over to the mechanic, Tucker, working on his jeep.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced here." Tucker said making Stiles sigh, "Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?"

"It's probably gonna run you around like twelve-hundred in parts and labor." Tucker said making Stiles scoff,
"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't have a catalytic converter! And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"Do you know what a "limited slip differential" is?" Tucker said condescendingly making Stiles awkwardly purse his lips, "No.."

"Yeah, it's coming on more like fifteen-hundred." Tucker scoffed making Stiles sigh in annoyance, "

"Just finish. I'll be back here. Seething with impotent rage." Stiles says and walks away. He goes to grab the waiting room door handle, but his hand slips on a clear, sap-like substance. "Nice. Sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here." Stiles called back but Tucker was obviously not listening.

"What happened?" Blake, who had been sitting in the waiting room, asked as she noticed Stiles annoyed expression. "The guy is a giant dick wad who insists on doing more than I asked for and there was something on the door handle." Stiles said and went to wipe his hand on his jeans but Blake stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

She pulled out a small towel that she always carried around in her bag and cleaned off his hand making him smile down at her. "Thanks." He said and she smiled at him, "I was looking around this place after you left. Apparently dick was out there went to our school and played on the lacrosse team." Blake said, pointing at one of the pictures on the wall.