10. Grounded

*IMANI'S POV*

Ughhh I texted Leah as soon as she left the school and I ain't get no text back. I guess she got her phone taken. I'm sure I can't come over there. Which is why I was so mad. I really don't want to go home. But when school let out I got on my bus.

Yaya: wtf happened with Leah?

Imani: she found out Jamal cheated on her with some bitch.

Yaya: didn't you tell her what I said?

Imani: I did, she ain't listen

Yaya: 🤦🏾‍♀️

I looked up at the window and froze. Leah was sitting on the door steps of my house. I freaked out.

Shit nooo, she can't see.

Part of me wanted to just stay in the bus and pass my house. I took a deep breath before getting off the bus.

I told her my house wasn't an option, why the fuck did she think she could come here?

When she saw me walking up she stood up.

"What the fuck Leah?"

"Wow, that's your reaction? I figured you'd be glad to see me because I'm fucking grounded and you can't come over."

Her eyes were puffy and her mascara was smeared a little.

"No! I don't want you here."

She looked hurt. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"Why couldn't you just listen to me?!My house is nasty as fuck. I don't want you to see it."

"Really that's what you're worried about?" She asked squinting her eyes at me. "Are you serious do you think I care about some fucking dishes in the sink and pillows on the floor"

"Oh my god!" I groaned. She doesn't get it, she not gonna understand.

"If you don't want to see me just say that!" She yelled storming down the steps. Her eyes watered as she tried to brush past me but I gripped her arm.

"Chill, i want to see you. Ughhh you just don't understand!... come on."

I drug her up the stairs. She tried to be dramatic and resist but I'm definitely stronger then her.

I unlocked the door and we walked in.

"Wow." She said immediately.

If you took a step into my house you wouldn't even be able to lie and say it's not bad. There was fast food bags, pizza boxes, and empty cups all over the living room. The floor was barely visible, dirty clothes were just tossed around.

My eyes watered I was so embarrassed.

I kicked the trash out of the way as I lead her up the stairs.

I shut the door behind us in my room. I couldn't even look at her. I didn't want to know what she was thinking, I know it's disgusting.My house smells stale, it looks like a trash dump, there's flies everywhere downstairs.

She hugged me tight surprising the fuck out of me.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't know you were going through this."

I chuckled "I know, I was trying to keep you far far away from it.... how'd you end up here anyway?.. your in trouble."

"I snuck out and walked here. My parents and Tao pissed me off so I didn't want to be anywhere near them... I wanted you."