20.The Dinner

Lol I don't usually post 2 in one night so please show me some love and comment!!

*IMANI'S POV*

Of course the car ride was awkward as fuck. I tried to stare straight forward the whole time.

"I hope you liked dinner" her mom said breaking the ice.

"Oh, I did.. it was so good, thank you."

"You're welcome. We like having you... especially our daughter."

I swallowed  looking out the window.

"Our daughter really likes you."

I could feel her eyes on me. I looked over at her. "I really like her too."

"I hope so. She's getting very emotionally invested in this relationship. Or maybe as you kids say.. catching  feelings. I'm worried okay? She told me about this Leah girl."

I froze. "I mean she's just my bestfriend."

"With history, am I correct?"

I swallowed hard. "Sort of.. but she's straight. It's nothing to worry about"

"I really hope that's the case. Camilla means well. She might feel kinda pushy at times but she really sees a future between the two of you and I hope this 'straight' girl won't come between it."

"Sh-she won't."

"Good. Because if there's one thing you need to know it's that I'm gonna protect my daughter, and her heart."

"Yes ma'am." I kinda whispered. When I saw Leah's house coming up I gathered my shit. I was prepared to practically jump out of the moving car at this point.

She grabbed my arm when the car stopped.

"Hey. Have a good night. I know your friend is going through something but check in on Camile and make sure she's okay."

I nodded. She let go of my arm.

"Take care."

When I closed the door behind me I took a deep breath. I'm not gonna lie. That shit scared me. It's not what she said, it's how she said it. It was so quiet in the car. The only sound was her voice. I looked at the goosebumps on my arms.

"Well that's a car I don't recognize." Tao spoke up making me jump out of my skin.

"What the fuck Tao?! What's wrong with you? You're so creepy!"

"Hey, I'm doing my job as a man. Checking to see who's coming in my house."

"Yea okay. If that's what you want to call yourself."

"I gotta give it to you though Mani, you got bitches."

I rolled my eyes. "That was my girlfriend's mom shut the fuck up."

I said before heading up the stairs.

I didn't want to let him see me sweat but as soon as I turned away I held my breath.

Fuck! He was at the window. I really hope Camile's mom didn't see him.

I rubbed my hand over my forehead before going into Leah's room.

She deadass pounced on me as soon as I came in.

My hands cupped her ass keeping us both from falling over. She wrapped her legs around me.

"You're back!"

I bit my lip. I didn't feel right getting excited over touching her, or over how close we were.