12. The Text

*IMANI'S POV*

"What's up with you? You didn't fail that test did you?" Leah asked me looking at me from the front seat.

I saw Jamal look at me through the review mirror.

I feel like shit. I want to tell her, but I'm not ready to come out let alone be forced out.

"No, I didn't fail.. I'm just having an off day."

She rolled her eyes. "Yea I know." Jamal held her hand and it made me sick.

Fucking cheating ass bitch.

"Okay, so let me know now what I can't say. I'm good with the dads, all I gotta do is tell them I play basketball, or bring up sports. It's your mom imma struggle with. Their always like 'be careful with my daughters heart.' "

"Yea, she might not like you too much then." I mumbled.

Leah looked back and glared at me. "Really?"

He laughed "no, no she got a point. Your momma probably gonna be ready to shoot me considering how they found out we was together."

I rolled my eyes. He's fucking retarded Leah, why can't you see that? I said in my head.

Dinner was sooo awkward. Tao just stared at him for the longest.

"Son." Leah's dad said getting his attention.

"Oh yea.. Imma remember your face. When I see a face I don't forget it." He said stabbing his steak.

Don't act like your the protector of lost teenagers Tao, just a month ago you were deadass molesting me, probably would've been rape.

I shoved some mashed potatoes into my mouth.

"Hey, Mr. Santos... I heard you're into sports... I'm actually the point guard for our school."

"Ahhh Basketball, or as they use to call it in my day... B-ball!"

"Dad!" Leah called out embarrassed.

Jamal chuckled. "Aye, that's what the greatest of all time calls it."

Her dad nodded as if to say, 'I like this kid.'

"It's nice to meet her boyfriend since we all know her girlfriend." Tao said looking over at me. I wanted to stab him with his fork. Mrs.Santos frowned up at him.

Jamal chuckled. "Yea, they're probably the closet best friends at the school. I'm surprised they haven't came up with a secret language."

I glared at him. Yea the first words will be wack ass dick. I said in my head.

Mrs. Santos watched my expression towards him.

"Well we need to seriously talk. My daughter has NEVER been one to get in trouble in school.. let alone over a boy."

Jamal looked like he had flash cards prepared. He let out the most narcissistic chuckle. "Well you know, teenage girls and their emotions"

You little stupid ass pussy limp dick bitch. I curse him out in my head.

"I'll admit, I was being a young dumb teenager as well. I'm definitely partially to blame. But I swear I would never condone her fighting. In fact when we started talking again we had a long talk about that. Considering I have so much to look forward to and so does she.  I have college scouts coming to my games, meaning I don't want them to think I'm full of drama. So the drama ended that day. I will be good to her and make sure we both have a great high school experience... and maybe even farther."