Not a Selected

The party just ended and I helped pick up all the instruments. Maxon was the only other person here that wasn't a worker. When I finish I walk out of the room and Maxon follows. "I heard you are staying, " he says. "I am. It was definitely a surprise, " I say. "Wait until you see who your maids are, " he tells me. I look at him curiously. "Wait I'm not a selected though. I don't need maids, " I say. "You may not be a selected, but you have to look the part except when you are strictly performing. You will be treated like one. Your safety is just as important as the selected. You will appear on the reports. You may still date whoever you like. In the eyes of the public, you will pretty much be a selected, " he explains. I did not think this through. "Ok Maxon, " I say. "Now where on earth am I going!?" I exclaim like a goofball. "I'll show you, " he offers. "Thanks." "Oh and I am truly sorry for earlier you know the name-calling part. I'm surprised you didn't kick me out of the palace then and there, " I say. " It's fine. I get it. You were under a lot of stress. Oh and I forgot to mention one thing. On Saturdays, all the girls hang out in the women's room. Every now and then Sylvia gives lessons about history and all that. You also have to go to those too and pants are kinda out unless one of your stage outfits has pants. I'm sorry for all the rules, " he explains. " It's fine, " I insist. We get to my room and he lets me walk-in first. My room is at the end of the hall on the same floor as the selected one. It's kinda tucked away. It's huge and gorgeous. "Anne! Mary! Lucy!" I exclaim. "The staff has gone to gather your things from your house, " Maxon says. "Feel free to let anyone know that you want to redecorate and you may have anything you would like, " he says. "Thank you!" I exclaim. "Now, please be down for dinner, " he requests and walks out. "Miss is there anything we could do for you?" Anne asks. "Please call me America and no you guys should go take a break. Maxon said something about ringing a bell if I need you ill just do that, " I say. "Ok America, " Mary says. They leave and I head down for dinner. When I come back from dinner I take my hair down from the gorgeous updo it was in. A knock comes at my door and I walk over to open in. It's Maxon. "How may I help you?" I ask. "I had a surprise for you, " he says. "What might that be, " I say as I let him in. "You see how you have two wardrobe chests?" he asks. I nod. "Have you opened either of them?" he inquires. "No, " I say. "See this one over here on the left of your room, " he gestures. I nod. We walk over there and he opens it. It's not just a little wardrobe. It's a disguise. It's actually doors that lead to a huge walk-in closet. "Oh my gosh, " I say amazed. It has racks of dresses and my past stage outfits. Shelves of shoes. Some pants and shirts. Tones if little square shelves for headpieces and extremely fancy drawers for jewelry. A few other drawers for whatever as well. In the back of the huge room is another door. "Follow me, " he instructs and I do just that. He opens the door which leads to a decent size hair and makeup room. It's lined with mirrors and makeup lights. It has tons of makeup and tools. Along with hair products and tools. "Maxon this is too much, " I say. "I figured you would like it do you not?" he asks. "No I love it it's just well you know I'm a five. I have an itty bitty room. We only have two bathrooms in our house that are just big enough for the necessities and my closet would fit like two dresses, " I explain. "We don't have a lot of money. Meals are a struggle in our house. My little sister and I both love desserts. She loves them even more than I do. That is a rarity for us. Ok, I'm famous. I'm well paid so it does help out but a lot of that money goes to paying bills it's not like I'm rich, " I explain. "Then why did you turn the money down my father offered to give you?" Maxon asks. "Maxon how was I supposed to take that money when I'm staying in the palace. You guys provide my clothes and my food. Needless to say all of this as well. It would just be wrong, " I say. "America you need it, " he says. "No Maxon, please just drop it, " I beg. "Sorry, " he apologizes. " It's fine, " I say. "Now back to the other wardrobe. Oh and there will be a keypad put in underneath the handle so the rebels can't get in on both of the wardrobes, " he says. I nod. We walk to the other one which opens up into a huge room filled with musical instruments and a sound booth. "Maxon now this is spectacular, " I breathe. "Do you like it?" he asks. "No." Maxon frowns. "I love it!" I exclaim. He's smiling again. He leaves and I get ready for bed after I lock both of the wardrobes up.

Sorry, there wasn't any drama in this chapter it was more to explain everything and paint the picture. There shall be more drama from now on. Please comment on your thoughts!! I love hearing your feedback!