Tears

So I'm just laying in my bed when I feel arms wrap around me. It startles me at first but then I feel a kiss on my neck and I realize it's just Maxon. "Good morning my love, " he whispers. "Good morning sweetie, " I say. "What are the plans for today?" I ask. "I have to get a little work done but after that, I'm free all day. Are you still going to do concerts darling?" "I don't know it depends." "On what?" I turn to face him and I ask, "Can I be a guard?" "Well... That would be quite dangerous for the princess and I would never know where you are. I can't send a swarm of guards to protect you. The rebels will definitely be after you. So I don't think so I'm sorry love." "That's okay. Well, then I will do the concerts." "Alright." I kiss him and then I get up. "Where are you going?" he groans. "To change into something that's not my pajamas." "Already?" "Someone doesn't want to work today." "I would much rather be with you." He gets up and walks over to me. He hugs me from behind. "I'm flattered, Maxon but you have to get to work." He groans. He sits on the edge of my bed and a knock comes at my door and I hear, " It's your maids, miss!" I look at Maxon and he nods. "Come on in!" I yell. Luckily, Maxon is in his pajamas so they won't see the scars on his back although I don't know if they know. They all come in. "Good morning miss, " they chime. "How many times do I have to tell you it's America!" I say jokingly. "Sorry America, "Celia laughs. When they see Maxon they drop into curtsies and say, "Your Highness." "Please girls that's not necessary. Call me Maxon." They look surprised. "Could we still call you Prince Maxon?" Anne asks. "Sure, " he laughs. "Now girls do you think I can wear pants today?" I ask. "I'm afraid not mi- America, "Mary says. Maxon starts laughing. "What's so funny?" I ask. "I don't think any other girl in your position would want to wear pants. They would live in the fancy dresses, " he says. "Haven't you noticed by now I'm not just any other girl?" I ask. "That's for certain, " he says. I huff. "But I love you for it, dear." "I am not your dear!" He gets up and hugs me, "I'm sorry darling." "I forgive you...this time." He sits back down. "Shouldn't you be getting ready?" I ask. "Not until you get dressed, " he says. I roll my eyes.

So I get dressed, my maids do my hair and makeup

So I get dressed, my maids do my hair and makeup. They pick out a tiara for me to wear. "Thank you, girls. Go have breakfast, " I say. They leave. Alright, Maxon now no more procrastinating. "Fine, " he moans. He kisses me for a little while before I pull away and say, "Work now. Then you'll get to see me the rest of the day." He glares at me and picks me up. "Aah! Maxon! What are you doing?" I shriek. He then walks into his bedroom and tosses me on the bed. He goes into the bathroom and comes out all ready for the day. He smells not well a specific smell. Clean but with a hint of vanilla and something else. He smells like heaven. "I love you, darling, " he says. "I love you too baby." He kisses me and goes off to work.
An hour later in the hall by our suites...
I'm walking back to mine when someone taps me on the shoulder. I whip my head around. "Hi Maxon. Please tell me you finished what you needed to, " I say. "I sure did. In record time too. Now tell me that you love me, " he says like a goofball. "I don't feel like it, " I say running into my suite jokingly. "He chases after me. I go from my bedroom into his and he finally catches up with me. He pins me against the wall. He smirks. "Now tell me you love me." "Meh." "I will get it out of you." "I doubt it." "Have it your way." He kisses me hard. He pulls back to look at me after a few minutes. "Anything?" he asks. "It was quite nice but I'm not saying it, " I say. He kisses my jawline and then my neck. My breathing starts to hitch. I know he is smiling. "I-" start to say. A knock comes at the door. He groans. He answers the door. "Yes?" Maxon says. "I'm sorry to disturb sir, " the other person starts everything else I can't hear. "Okay thank you for letting me know." He closes the door and faces me. "Maxon?" I ask. "America I'm so sorry, " he says. "What?" I begin to panic. "Your father has passed from heart problems." The room spins and I faint. I feel arms catch me as I fall and that's it. A little while later I wake up in my bed to a door close. I see Maxon. "I'm so sorry dear, " he says. "He's really dead?" I ask. "Yes, darling." I start crying and he holds me in his arms. "We are going to leave for Carolina in an hour. We will stay for 3-4 days. That's all my father will allow. Your maids have already packed your bags." I get up and make sure they have everything packed. "I'll see you in a few days, " I say. "America you don't think I'd let you go without me do you?" he asks. "Well you have things you have to do and I mean I'll be fine, " I sniffle. "I'm coming with you." "Thanks but have you asked your dad?" "Not yet but I'm going whether he likes it or not." "You are going to get yourself in trouble, " I warn. "Meh." We get on the plane although the king is back to his normal self Maxon told him he wasn't going but came anyway. I really hope he doesn't get in trouble.
Maxon's POV...
I told my dad I wasn't going because he was extremely mad at me for even mentioning it. I wasn't going to let my wife go without me. She would still have her maids and a few guards but still. We get on the private jet and sit on the sofa in there. She leans her head on my chest and curls into a little ball. I wrap one arm around her and she falls asleep. I feel so bad for her. She was very close to her dad and now he's gone. I only talked to him a few times but I really liked him. When we finally get to Carolina I didn't have the heart to wake her so I pick her up and carry her to the car. When we arrive at her family's house she wakes up. The maids carry in our things and the guards well guard. We brought Aspen, Tanner, Griffin, Brandon(, Officer Brandt), and a few others. We go inside and her little siblings come crashing into her. "Hey guys, " she says. "We missed you!" they exclaim. "I missed y'all too, " she says. "Hey Kenna, " America says. They talk for a few minutes then she talks with her mom and then she notices Kota. "America you can stay in your old room. May and Kenna will be in the same room. Kota, you'll be with Gerad. James, you can stay with Gerad as well. Prince Maxon, you can either stay with the boys or America, " Mrs. Singer instructs. "Please call me Maxon, " I say. "I'll stay with guys, " I say. It's not fair that Kenna can't stay with her husband if I stay with my wife. Plus Lucy needs somewhere to stay. "Lucy you can stay with me, " America says. "Thank you miss, " Lucy responds with a cursty and follows America to her room. They both carry some bags. She comes back with Lucy. "Look at little miss spoiled. A maid, some guards, and anything she could ever want, " Kota says. America doesn't look angry she looks hurt. "Kota that's-" I start. "She brainwashed you didn't she?" Kota asks. "No of course not!" I fire back. I just realized that both of America's ex-boyfriends are in the room. "She brainwashes all her guys. She did it to you she did it to Aspen and the other one, " Kota accuses. "No I didn't it!" America yells. "Kota-" I start. "Aspen she brainwashed you. Just tell us, " Kota says. Everyone looks to Aspen. "She never did anything along the lines of that. She was the best girlfriend ever. To be honest, she spoiled me, " Aspen says. "Lie!" Kota shouts. Mrs. Singer left the room at some point. "All right what about this one?" Kota asks gesturing to Griffin. "My name is Griffin. And she never did anything like that, " Griffin says. "Dang America you have your men well trained, " Kota says. "I-" America starts and then is cut off. "How about you Maxon?" Kota asks. "Never I'm the one that had to convince her that we were possible you jerk, " I snap. "America you don't deserve a prince you are lower than an eight. You are worse than dirt. Useless and worthless, "Kota says. A tear goes down America's cheek. "Kota don't you ever talk to her that way-" I wasn't done but a big smack cuts me off. America slapped Kota. Good for her. He punches her in the nose. She stumbles back. She hits him again and all the guards go for them. Kota punches her once more at the top of her forehead. I run towards her. Her lip is bleeding along with her nose and forehead. When they think Kota has calmed down they let him go. He lunges at America and I get between the two and punch him square in the nose. That's the only time I've actually hit someone. Kota stumbles backward. Aspen and Griffin hold him. "America can we do the honors?" they ask. I'm confused but she's not. "Of course, " she says. They knock him out and throw him on the sofa. Everyone huddles around America after that. Family, me, guards, and Lucy. "Are you okay?" I ask. "I think so, " she says. Lucy rushes off to get the medical kit. She cleans her up and gets her to stop bleeding. Lucy takes her to her bedroom to get her ready for the funeral.

She comes out in a beautiful black dress with a silverish gold crown on

She comes out in a beautiful black dress with a silverish gold crown on. She is beautiful. Everyone is dressed for the funeral and ready to go. "Everyone bow down to the prissy princess, " Kota mocks. "Kota just stop, " I instruct. "Oh I forgot I have to listen to you, " he says. We go off to the funeral and then come back home when it's over. Everyone changes into their pajamas. America even dressed Lucy in one of her dresses for the funeral. America and Lucy are getting their room ready. I talk with James. Kenna plays with all the kids.
America's POV...
Lucy and I just finished getting our room ready. Kota comes barging in. "What do you want?" I ask. "For you to be an 8 or dead either one works, " he snaps. He punches me in the face and slams me against the wall. That hurt. Lucy freaks out. She tries to pull him away from me but fails. She goes running out of the room. Kota locks the door after she leaves. "Divorce him or die, " Kota says. "No, " I muster. He punches me in the stomach. He pulls out a gun. "Where did you get that?" I ask. "From a guard, " he says. "That's not a guard gun, " I say. "Wait you are a southern rebel, " I accuse. "You finally figured it out, " Kota says. There is beating on the door. "Kota open up!" Aspen yells. There is more yelling. He loads the gun and points it at me. They break down the door and he whips his head around. He throws me on the floor to where I almost blackout and he shoots at me once. I stare at the ceiling watching the room spin. I hear muffled screams. A gunshot goes off and then I fuzzy versions of the guards and Maxon huddled around me. I hear them scream my name. Then cold water hits me and I go back to normal. Multiple people pull me up and sit me down on the bed. "Are you okay?" someone asks. "I think so, " I say. "He is a southern rebel, " I mumble. "Wait what?" Mason asks. "Kota he's a southern rebel. That's how he had a gun. Why he hates the royals. Why he is so obsessed with getting up in castes. It all makes sense now. He even admitted it, " I explain. "I know we are supposed to kill all southern rebels but do you really want us to?" Aspen asks. "You can't let one go even he is my brother. If anyone ever found out there would be an uproar because we'll we are killing people's family members. So don't change the rule. Kill him, " I say. "Are you sure America?" Griffin asks. I nod staring at the wall. "America look me in the eyes and say it, " Maxon says. I look him in the eyes and say it. "Alright guys, do as she wishes, " Maxon instructs. "Who wants to do it?" Tanner asks. "He was my childhood best friend, " Aspen says. "But he did hurt her, " he continues. "I'll do it, " Aspen says. "Seriously?" I ask. He nods. All the guards and Maxon and I walk into his room to find him on the bed. "What's going on?" Kota asks. "You must be dealt with just like any other southern rebel, " I say and point a gun at him. All the guards are behind me along with Maxon. "You aren't going to kill me, " he scoffs. "You are right. I'm not but he is, " I say and I step aside revealing Aspen pointing a gun at him. "He's not going to either, " Kota says nervously. "Goodbye Kota, " I say. Aspen pulls the trigger. He's dead. That's it. When the gun goes off everyone comes running. The guards part so my family can get through. "What is going on here?" my mom asks. "He was a southern rebel. We dealt with him as we should. If we didn't there would be an uproar, " I explain. She cries. Kenna and James look shocked. "You shot him?" Kenna asks. "No, a guard did." "It was me, " Aspen says. "Good job, " Kenna says. Aspen looks taken back. May and Gerad cry as well. "Mom are you mad at me?" I ask. "No, I'm mad at him, " she says. "Oh, " I say.

Did you like this chapter let me know in the comments and please vote! I'm also always looking for new ideas so comment those as well and I promise you'll get credit. Love y'all!