Aspen meets Maxon

We arrive at the palace and I'm still not feeling 100% percent yet. Aspen carries me through the doors. All I can do is whisper. I can't talk or anything. Maxon comes running when he sees Aspen carrying me walk through the palace doors. "Are you okay?" he asks. "I'm fine and I tried to tell him that I could walk on my own, " I whisper. "Why are you whispering?" Maxon asks. "She can only whisper as of now, " Aspen says. "Now put me down, " I whisper demand. "No you are too stubborn for your own good Mer, " Aspen says. "That she is, " Maxon agrees. I huff. "Here I can take her, " Maxon says. Aspen passes me over to Maxon. "I'm not a sack of potatoes, " I whisper yell. "No Mer you are lighter than that, " Aspen says. Maxon and Aspen laugh. Aspen's family walks and in with all the bags. "Put me down!!" I whisper demand. "Fine, " Maxon concedes. He puts me down and greets Aspen's family. I can see the sympathy in Maxon's eyes when he sees that Jimmy is still having trouble moving. It's almost as if Maxon has gone through the same thing. "Celia your room is the same as during the selection and everyone else can pick a room on that floor except for mine, " I say with a smile. She nods and she and her siblings(minus Aspen) go running. "Thank you for saving America, " Maxon says to Aspen. "No problem." "Aspen, how would you like to be a guard? It seems you have the attitude and work ethic for it, " Maxon suggests. "I couldn't leave my family, " Aspen says. "Well they can have jobs as well and you can stay with the other workers." Aspen turns to his mom and she nods eagerly and Aspen responds with, "We would love that." "So I would be a guard. What about the rest of my family?" Aspen asks. "Celia, Kamber, and your mother could be maids and your other siblings could work in the stables. The stables are pretty much playing with horses, " Maxon says. "That would be fantastic!" Mrs. Leger says. "Do you like to sew or clean?" Maxon asks. "I much prefer sewing, " Mrs. Leger says. "How would you feel about making some outfits for America and my mother?" Maxon asks. "I would be so honored!" Mrs. Leger says. I whisper something in Maxon's ear. "America would like to know if Celia and Kamber would like to be two of her maids when she becomes Princess?" Maxon says. "I'm sure they would be over the moon about that!" Mrs. Leger says. I whisper to Maxon, "How am I supposed to do the report tonight?" "Well you might be able to talk by tonight if not you'll tell me and I'll tell Gavril, " Maxon says. "Thank you, " I say. "You're welcome darling but you should probably not talk for a little while. Also, you might want to get dressed for the report. I love you, my dear." I glare at him for calling me dear but then I mouth, "I love you too."

I change into a beautiful pink flowery dress

I change into a beautiful pink flowery dress. Then I walk out into the hall to find King Clarkson standing there. I look at him wondering why he is here. "America! Don't forget your engagement party is tomorrow, " he says. I nod. He walks away. I see Aspen walking towards me. "Hey Mer do you know where I can find Maxon? I need to talk to him about when I start being a guard and training and all and when he wants us to move to the staff rooms and some questions my family has, " Aspen says. I try to whisper or talk but nothing comes out. I hold up one finger like one sec. I clear my throat and try to talk. My voice is back! "Hey you can talk!" Aspen says. "Follow me. He'll either be in his office or in the prince suite, " I say. So we walk up to his office and there he is. "Maxon got a moment?" I ask sticking my head in the room. "Yeah I just finished up all my work for the day, " Maxon says. "Aspen needs to talk to you, " I say. "Alright send him in." I nod and let Aspen in. I am almost to the where all the Legers are staying when the rebel alarm goes off. Uh-Oh. I go into each of their rooms and direct them toward the secret entrance to the safe room well Celia already knows since she was in the selection and all. We are down in the safe room for a while and Maxon is still not down here. Aspen is so he must have finished talking to Maxon before this. You know what I've had enough! I'm going to find him! I run out of the safe room. Griffin grabs one of my arms and Aspen grabs the other. "Mer you have to stay here, " he says. "He's right America, " Griffin says. My eyes well up. Griffin is the guard down here protecting us. "Please, " I beg. "America he's probably just in another safe room. Wait they have those officer Trains?" Aspen says. "Yes and please call me Griffin." I fight with them trying to getaway. "I'm sorry, " I whisper to them. They look confused and I knee them both and run. I run around like a madwoman trying to find him. Someone grabs my arm. They face me towards them. Oh thank goodness it's just Griffin. "America listen to me. You have to get back down there, " he says. "No Griffin I'm sorry." "At least let me come with you, " he says. I nod. I lost both my shoes j don't even know when. I stop in the hallway to see a rebel pointing a gun at Maxon. My hearts drops.

What will happen next? Will Maxon get shot or even die or will he live? Find out in the next chapter! Please comment on your thoughts and if you have any ideas or both!! I promise I'll give you credit! Check out my other story Aspen and America? if you like this but please still read this! Love y'all!